Stolen Tools

Jordan.M

Well. All of my hand tools have been stolen. There goes $1600... Been acquiring them since I started electrical work at 14 and now I gotta start all over... Super passed.

Moral of the story, joppatowne Maryland is a slime ball trashy town where anything that is not chained down will be stolen.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Make sure to lock your tools up, you won't realise how much they mean/cost until you have to replace them.

• Like 1

Ugh that sucks!!! I would keep an eye out on pawn shops and Craigslist in the area. It was probably someone on drugs looking for stuff to fence for cash. I wonder if you could do an insurance claim and rec-coop a little bit of the money you lost in tools.

Man.. that really blows.

Does the company you work for offer any sort of protection or assistance for things like this? We're you on company time?? Even if you weren't, you may consider going to the boss, explaining the situation and how it will affect your ability to get their jobs done.. they may help you get back on your feet.. it would be beneficial to both of you.

Did you file a police report, pawn shops is a good idea of places to look.. may help you recover them if you have a police report in place and pictures of your tools.

Didn't have time to file a police report. Had to go to the job. They only do it in person for a claim that big. It was on company time and it was dropped from a company truck outside our shop. We did a u turn and went back but in under 90 seconds it was gone. No car pulled over or sign of it nothing... I'm gonna talk to the owner and see if he can use my week of vacation from this year and my one from next year to pay for it and I'll work those days instead...

Jordan, file the police report. Here in NH people have to provide Id when selling to the pawn. If your stuff does up you might lick out. Also look in to an insurance claim. That's your livelihood. People that steal

Tools from tradesmen need to be beaten down in court (gotta watch my tongue here :)

• Like 2

oh it fell of your truck. that's the reason why I secure everything to 100% when I drive around, that something like that wont happen

They should have been. But I didn't put them in someone else did, that and the fact the driver was whipping it around like a brand new lamborghini prolly didn't help.

Listen to Chris, he's the law! :) I really do agree with him, File the report, it might not help but it definitely won't hurt..

It's gotta be very frustrating that a coworker/coworkers were responsible in some way.. the guy driving shouldn't have been being such a wild man and the one who put your tools away should have had a little more respect for your property.. I agree you can sue him or steal his tools, haha, even though you might want to!! Doesn't make it right.. has he said anything to you?

Do whatever feels comfortable to you but you may not want to offer your vacation time up to your boss right off the bat. Hang onto that card as a negotiating tactic.. You were in a company truck, on company time and you really weren't 100% responsible.. if he is a decent guy and or values you as an employee he might just come out and offer you assistance with no strings attached.. you gotta remember that you make him money!

• Like 1

Listen to Chris, he's the law! :) I really do agree with him, File the report, it might not help but it definitely won't hurt..

It's gotta be very frustrating that a coworker/coworkers were responsible in some way.. the guy driving shouldn't have been being such a wild man and the one who put your tools away should have had a little more respect for your property.. I agree you can sue him or steal his tools, haha, even though you might want to!! Doesn't make it right.. has he said anything to you?

Do whatever feels comfortable to you but you may not want to offer your vacation time up to your boss right off the bat. Hang onto that card as a negotiating tactic.. You were in a company truck, on company time and you really weren't 100% responsible.. if he is a decent guy and or values you as an employee he might just come out and offer you assistance with no strings attached.. you gotta remember that you make him money!

I know what you are saying but I doubt anyone will fork out 1600 bucks for a employee who was unlucky. I did file a police report when I got home from the job though. And checked all the pawn shops nearby and let them know about it. I just feel like I'll be labeled a snitch or something if I try and Sue a coworker for loosing my tools. Nobody admits to being the ones who actually loaded them in the truck.

When it comes to stealing tools people are fast and resourceful. I was working a job out in the middle of east bum f@#k and would leave my trailer in the garage overnight. They broke in and cut a door in the side of the trailer. I have a picture somewhere that I'll post if I can find it.

I know what you are saying but I doubt anyone will fork out 1600 bucks for a employee who was unlucky. I did file a police report when I got home from the job though. And checked all the pawn shops nearby and let them know about it. I just feel like I'll be labeled a snitch or something if I try and Sue a coworker for loosing my tools. Nobody admits to being the ones who actually loaded them in the truck.

You might be surprised man, to them 1600 is probably a tiny blip.. also it was on their truck, on their time. And ultimately, if they are decent people and value their employees they will most likely want to help you.. you have to know that you are worth money to them, they most likely had to train you and I'm sure you do good work for them so they will want you to be around for a while.

It doesn't hurt to ask, maybe they are only willing to give you some of the tools and maybe none at all but at that point you can try negotiating your vacation time.

I definitely agree with you, no switching on other employees and 100% don't try to sue anyone over it..

you can tell your boss that you weren't the one who put them in the truck and that you are unsure of who it was but I would go on to say that your not looking for anyone else to take the blame of improperly loading your tools because you realize that you should have been responsible for securing your own tools on the truck.

Good luck man, know your worth and be confident!

A buddy of mine just bought a house. He ran to Lowe's for supplies and when he came back, they'd cleaned him out.

He called the cops and on the way there, the cops actually drove past the guys trying to get the truck lid to shut and noticed a power cord hanging out.

He got every single item back

• Like 1