more red in my shop

madman_us

Bought today the Milwaukee tape measure.

25ft & 16ft kit.

Price at HomeDepot $25.

I got them for $17.

Had a local ad where the price was lower.

So HD price matched it plus extra 10%.

Bought right away 2 kits. One for Xmas to giveaway.

If anyone needs a picture of that ad.

Let me know and i'll upload it.

So you can show it to them and get it cheaper as well.

I got the same kits, only thing is to check end if dropped as they can easily bend and give wrong readings.....then again working in a machine shop for the better part of 30 years I never took any measuring tool for granted......

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Milwaukee's better, but I bought the 25' yellow Dewalt tape awhile back. Reason being, it has the fractional numbers on it.

I can read a tape just fine, but I sometimes have a helper that can't and I get tired of "17 and 2 marks past a half"

I have the 25' tape and love it but I also have the 25' American made Bostich which has a standout that is beyond what is advertised. I love that tape. My Milwaukee has that ingenuous finger stop that's is so sweet not to mention the magnets. My go tapes are the Fast caps though. Super small, write able surface on the housing and a pencil sharpener. The clip is great too. But is really just use these for shop measurements, nothing big like the plumbing job my father in law just did downstairs. Good find Madman. Funny, my shop has a lot more yellow in in now darn it! I will say I got a Bosch cross laser that is the bees freakin' knees and I'm cutting out some pluck foam in my Mini Systainer for this beautiful machine!