milwaukee impact driver

ekimw23

whats up guys. i just bought an 18v hammer drill and impact kit. after charging the battery i put in on the impact. the light on the impact stays on at all times unless the battery is taken out. also when i go full throttle on it it seems to rapidly change rpms. (fast to slow). anyone else have these problems? if so, what do i do.

What model is the impact. Also, if you just bought it at a local store I might return it after verifying this is a problem. Additionally Milwaukee has in my opinion the BEST warranty out there. Don't fret if you got a lemon, I can assure you it's a rarity and it'll be replaced faster than you can imagine.

What model is the impact. Also, if you just bought it at a local store I might return it after verifying this is a problem. 

its model number 2697-22. also ive noticed that the hammer drill chuck id very very wobbly. guess i should just return it. the erratic rpms have stopped but light is still on. 

They have updated those tools with updated brushed models. I wonder if you got a tool assmbled near a holiday which means quality sufferers everywhere. The story was you never buy a car on a Monday or Friday and especially on a long weekend. The other thing that is possible is that the tooling to make that drill is wearing out, or like most people mentioned you got the unlucky set with issues. I'm going through a similar issue with a snow blower. The problem with that is that every Lowes near me is out of stock!

if you bring it back to depot your likely to get a replacement that was built right alongside the one you have now and could have the same issues.. it will be a little more work on your part but maybe going to the service center will yield better results for you.    you could always shoot Milwaukee an email explaining all your issues, there is a good chance that they will take great care of you and you won't ever have to leave your house, that would probably be my first choice....   as chris said, they have a great warranty 

good luck!