Dewalt tough boxes, trually tough under fire

WeldfabNeil

I am not much of a dewalt power tool fan but I figgired I will give credit to there tough boxes.

Back in September we had a house fire, destroying house. It was mainly destroyed through smoke an water damage. Thankfully almost all tools in garage were salvagble. Most important is nobody was hurt.

Were the dewalt tough boxes come in is that I had one upstairs in my room and two others in the laundry room. The fire was mainly right off laundry room. The only damage the tough boxes sub stained beyond obviously covered in soot was just a melted seal in part of the front.

I just figured that's a quick testimony to how good there seal is an how well the structural foam holds up. When a plastic utility sink literally melts off the legs but just a foot away a dewalt tough box only has a melted seal I would say they earned the name tough box.

• Like 3

Just to reiterate Jason....Thank God you and your family are alright! And thanks for that awesome tidbit of info. I bought a sawzall from Regopit and have it and several blades stored in my only Dewalt Tough System box. I feel even better about that now on account I throw it in the truck bed occasionally. I'm really and truly glad you and your family are well Fletch. I hope your in your repaired home with a healthy happy family as soon as possible!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's a heck of situation but we're safe, everything else is stuff. Still sad to see stuff go but at the end of the day I can replace what's in a house but not who's in a house.

I have yet to replace the tough boxes I had but keep saying I should.

• 1 month later...