installing glass block windows

I had glass block windows installed in my basement about 7 years ago. I was lazy and had someone do it. When I crunched the numbers with the quote I got it wasn't worth taking on in my situation. It's the best thing ever though as my basement is much warmer now after the crappy single pane windows were replaced. The job looks great syn and you probably did a better job that a contractor would have done because of your weird situation

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/8/2015 at 11:49 AM, Jason Snyder said:

after landscaping 

On a long long shot here, the thread having laid dormant for awhile, but are there the pictures still available? I wish the forum changeover preserved the photos. 

@DR99 Were the glass blocks already in a configuration in a certain size? Such as that they fit inside the opening of the existing window frame?

Nice, I saw one at a lumber yard in Lima but that was couple years ago, then I forgot about it till I came across this thread. I absolutely must take care of my basement windows, they were broken panes of glass, so I quickly put batts of insulation then screwed osb on from the outside for the winter since I had just bought the house... now that osb has got to come out and be replaced. .. I've let it go too long!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk