Good Day Gentlemen

Doof

Hi all,

I live in and was born and raised the North Carolina triad--around furniture factories and master tradesmen. I've always been handy and willing. I suppose it all started with building an Ewok Village in the expanse of woods behind our house with my brothers. Did my first renovation job around 15/16 yrs old with my best friend and scoutmaster (a woodcarver). We converted an expansive, unfinished attic space into a three room suite with a full bathroom.

I've quite a few corded tools, shop tools, and hand tools. Now I'm venturing into cordless. Man, this stuff is expensive. But I feel I've come in at the right time. I'm here to find a community of like-minded folk with more experience with this stuff than I have.

As far as work, I'm a literature professor. As far as tool use, I do renovations on my home and aid my friends (helping to give them confidence to try small stuff for themselves), and I build the odd cabinet here and there.

So far, so good.

See y'all (or should I say, ye all) around.