Viglink

M80

I don't know about anyone else, but I find Viglink extremely annoying. I mean, all right, I get why. But clicking a link that I think a forum member put in their post and then being brought to some completely irrelevant link its extremely annoying. Take this post, for example, http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/6142-makita-100-year-anniversary-tools-with-an-awesome-paint-job-team-teal-will-love-this/?p=60419, I think it is a link DR99 posted, and I click it because I am familiar with the person posting it and would assume the link is relevant to the subject, but it a viglink which leads to a website selling herbal supplements.Come on, really? It just seems like a really annoying way to create revenue. Maybe you could at least make the links a different color, as to differentiate which link the user intentionally posted and which are viglinks. .

• Like 2

sounds like you might have mal-ware or need a pop up blocker as I never seen any kind of re-directors from links and they will be present with such problems.....

Just wanted to say thanks again for pointing that out to us.  I hate those links.  Turns out that it was activated when I put the new forum theme in place last week and I never knew.  Good news is we didn't get hacked and even better news, the links should be gone.  Thanks again and glad we have good people here to watch over and make the forum a better place.