Tool of the day

rees332

This was my tool of the day yesterday! Finishing up an exterior and had to shoot two doors and two shutters, the perfect proshot project.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm looking into this gun my Sherwin Williams rep faithful throws it in my face. How long can it run on a charge? Does it have any clog issues?

Totally a tool, nice little unit. How do you like it and have you tried the test 550? If you have, how does it compare?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

It sounds like you know your stuff have you done any A/C work before? I like it haven't had any problems with it, so much easier than analog gauges, a lot of YouTube guys swear by the 550's. Not to many people even have digital gauges here, that's why I mentioned YouTube theirs some good techs on there. The A/c guys here are a joke. Everything is hoseless and wireless now I'm looking to upgrade soon

• Like 1

It sounds like you know your stuff have you done any A/C work before? I like it haven't had any problems with it, so much easier than analog gauges, a lot of YouTube guys swear by the 550's. Not to many people even have digital gauges here, that's why I mentioned YouTube theirs some good techs on there. The A/c guys here are a joke. Everything is hoseless and wireless now I'm looking to upgrade soon

I know refrigeration, but basically the same concept: refrigerant(r22, r507 and ammonia i work with), and 4 main component's - compressor, condenser expansion valve, and evaporator. The ac at my facility office broke down and found the copasitator had taken a dump so replaced it and installed a new fan motor to go with it. Just wished i had a gadget like yours, seems a lot more simple than the gauges. Other then that, no have never done ac work, id like to though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I know refrigeration, but basically the same concept: refrigerant(r22, r507 and ammonia i work with), and 4 main component's - compressor, condenser expansion valve, and evaporator. The ac at my facility office broke down and found the copasitator had taken a dump so replaced it and installed a new fan motor to go with it. Just wished i had a gadget like yours, seems a lot more simple than the gauges. Other then that, no have never done ac work, id like to though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Cool, it seems like refrigeration and A/C work is two different guys but some people do both its more or less the same thing. Those damn capacitors are the biggest problem there always going bad. You should give ac work a try  

I'm looking into this gun my Sherwin Williams rep faithful throws it in my face. How long can it run on a charge? Does it have any clog issues?

I wish I did more painting to justify purchasing one, How do you like it??  

It is a love/hate relationship.  When it works it is fantastic, the idea of it is fantastic, however in practice it is... not fantastic.  I really wish Graco would team up with ANY other tool company with a well established cordless line.  Because its biggest down fall is the batteries.  They are only 2.4Ah packs that are the same size as all the other companies 5.0Ah packs and in the three years Ive owned it Ive killed two batteries.  Oh yea and theyre $100 a pop and so far Ive gotten no warranty support. 

The sprayer really needs to be babied along, at times it wont spray, it just "stalls out" as if the batteries don't have enough "umph" to get the motor started, but it will prime itself so with a certain degree of trickery I can usually get it to come back on and finish out spraying.

It is without a doubt my most babied tool as well, I treat the thing like gold.

The Good side of it is, it is convenient.  If you've got less than a gallon to spray, then the Proshot is the fastest/easiest way to do it.  I certainly would not suggest it as your only sprayer, I own three other sprayers so the Proshot only sees limited/specialized use.

So like a said, it is without a doubt my favorite piece of S**T tool I own!  It could be so good...

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that I seen a lot of good reviews on it on YouTube, but maybe they got the tool for free or being paid to review it. I would use it mainly for doors and maybe some trim. I see a lot of good tools but when the company teams up with another company it becomes junk, are the batteries made by Graco?  

• Like 1

It is a love/hate relationship. When it works it is fantastic, the idea of it is fantastic, however in practice it is... not fantastic. I really wish Graco would team up with ANY other tool company with a well established cordless line. Because its biggest down fall is the batteries. They are only 2.4Ah packs that are the same size as all the other companies 5.0Ah packs and in the three years Ive owned it Ive killed two batteries. Oh yea and theyre $100 a pop and so far Ive gotten no warranty support.

The sprayer really needs to be babied along, at times it wont spray, it just "stalls out" as if the batteries don't have enough "umph" to get the motor started, but it will prime itself so with a certain degree of trickery I can usually get it to come back on and finish out spraying.

It is without a doubt my most babied tool as well, I treat the thing like gold.

The Good side of it is, it is convenient. If you've got less than a gallon to spray, then the Proshot is the fastest/easiest way to do it. I certainly would not suggest it as your only sprayer, I own three other sprayers so the Proshot only sees limited/specialized use.

So like a said, it is without a doubt my favorite piece of S**T tool I own! It could be so good...

Lol ok so summary less than a gallon is cool. Which is all I'm looking for. Thanks a lot for your review! I think I will wait for the tech to advance a little more. I see other companies working on cordless sprayers.