Heated gear

bradboulanger

Hey guys, I bought a heated hoodie last year and to be honest I wasn't really impressed. It does get warm but it can hardly be felt because it really isn't tight to the skin. When sitting down with my back against a seat it works so much better. So I got this idea, I do think a heated thermal shirt could work really good. If the heat is right against you it will actually warm the body up.

Just an idea I wanted to share.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That is the downside of the heated gear you have to buy it form fitting for it to work the best. People don't want that because they like some room in their clothes, and so you can wear layers. All the heated gear has that issue. I still like having it though its nice when your clearing the snow during a Michigan winter.

I know someone is gonna disagree but....

I personally love my carharrt an don't see a need for the all these fancy heated jackets or heated truck seats or fancy do dads.

I don't disagree with you. I am a Carharrt Arctic fan. I wear a set of Carharrt jacket and bibs every winter. I do have a Milwaukee jacket and love it. I mostly wear it hunting and milling around the house, or any other times I'm not extremely active. They both have a place in my coat closet.

I know someone is gonna disagree but....

I personally love my carharrt an don't see a need for the all these fancy heated jackets or heated truck seats or fancy do dads.

thats how I ended up with m12 hoodies; they go great under a Carharrt selvedge jacket, and I refuse to not wear a jacket I blew $300 on for work.

I'm saying I couldn't justify buying an m12 jacket for winter when I have an expensive Carharrt jacket that's holding up so well in construction. The hoodies compliment it because low setting is enough to get the blood flowing a little better because the Carharrt keeps the elements out so well.

When it was new though, I babied that jacket because they are so expensive. They are also uncomfortable when new. Once broken in though, I've never had a better jacket for work.

• 2 months later...

I have noticed that Home Depot has the Milwaukee heated gear on display. I saw it today 8/28/15.

Hoodie and jacket, no vest that I saw.

I have never seen the Milwaukee heated gear at any HD yet. I wish that they would so you could try on sizes. If this winter gets as cold as last year (they are saying it won't for my area though) I will be getting the jacket or hoodie.

I have never seen the Milwaukee heated gear at any HD yet. I wish that they would so you could try on sizes. If this winter gets as cold as last year (they are saying it won't for my area though) I will be getting the jacket or hoodie.

I'm further north so I guess they want to get them out there before the snow flys.

They had both on display, didn't try them on, but they looked well made.

• 3 weeks later...