Anyone Play Employee?

WigWagWorkshop

I have been in HD many times near a worker while someone asks where such and such is and the worker looks like a deer looking in to headlights......and I know where it is...lol

I put on a clinic at Lowe's one day about the production history of Kobalt tools. I overheard a customer ask an employee if Kobalt was made by Snap-On. I could tell the dude really had no clue and told him "I think some of them are".

Instinct took over and I went through the whole story. I had 4 guys standing there when I was done. The customer was convinced I worked for Snap-On. Should have seen the look on his face when I told I worked on the Railroad

I put on a clinic at Lowe's one day about the production history of Kobalt tools. I overheard a customer ask an employee if Kobalt was made by Snap-On. I could tell the dude really had no clue and told him "I think some of them are".

Instinct took over and I went through the whole story. I had 4 guys standing there when I was done. The customer was convinced I worked for Snap-On. Should have seen the look on his face when I told I worked on the Railroad

I would have been guy number 5 had I been there. I enjoy listening to people that are passionate about whatever it is they are in to. It's inspiring I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I love tools and history, so it works I guess.

It make you feel pretty damn cool when Proto calls you up wanting to know the background on their own shit.

The used my J100 article at an internal product presentation and have requested copies of my old catalogs. I've also at them direct customer question at me a couple times.

Makes me feel special

Your are the man

I love tools and history, so it works I guess.

It make you feel pretty damn cool when Proto calls you up wanting to know the background on their own shit.

The used my J100 article at an internal product presentation and have requested copies of my old catalogs. I've also at them direct customer question at me a couple times.

Makes me feel special

Absolutely, when I worked at Home Depot this situation came up on a regular basis. What I would do is join the conversation with the customer and help them with whatever it was that they needed and try to use it as a learning opportunity for my co-worker. If I was the employee who didn't have the answers I would take the customer to the employee who did and stay to learn so maybe I would know in the future.

Now I was lucky, I worked at HD back when you had a lot of people who came out of the trades working there. The garden department I worked in had 3 horticulturalist and man I sure did learn a whole lot from them, we had some really good times.

While on the subject, does anyone know if HD still employs the US Olympic Athletes? I worked with a girl named Dina who was on the US Field Hockey Team, she was a blast.