Makita Td148d straight from Japan

Swaglosrevival

d69f7789dd791cf510711740b5f24712.jpg

I love this gun. Had it for 3 months now, the head is really short. It can't in between anything. Someone on the forum showed specs of it before, but I couldn't find it in the US. So I got from Japan off EBay. Is powerful too, I was driving 5" lags all day on a 3.0 ah battery. Plus the color is cool.[emoji3]

• Like 3

d69f7789dd791cf510711740b5f24712.jpg

I love this gun. Had it for 3 months now, the head is really short. It can't in between anything. Someone on the forum showed specs of it before, but I couldn't find it in the US. So I got from Japan off EBay. Is powerful too, I was driving 5" lags all day on a 3.0 ah battery. Plus the color is cool.[emoji3]

Iv seen that and in a few months my local tool store is gonna be carrying them they are so powerful top of the impacked charts forsure its a serious drill man your lucky to have it!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yea this thing is dumb fast! And the different speed modes comes in handy. Of course I had to Google the words on the buttons but I'm trying to learn Japanese anyway so win-win![emoji23] Haha lol

The identical tool model in the USA is the XDT09Z. It has been available since around mid March I believe. You won't find it at the big box stores like Home Depot though, you need to go visit a professional tool house. The USA model is only available in the Makita teal color clam shell.

Here are the specifications and features of the XDT09Z.

High Performance with Brushless Motor
  • Quick-Shift Mode selector has an automatic electronic controller that downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work
  • BL Brushless Motor delivers 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque
  • Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
  • Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered to provide improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
  • 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,100 / 0-2,100 / 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,800 IPM) provides the user with precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
  • The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
  • The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
  • 3-stage battery gauge indicates battery charge level
  • Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-11/16" long
  • Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
  • Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
  • Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the work area
  • Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
  • Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
  • Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
  • Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
  • 3-year warranty on tool
  • Battery and charger sold separately
  • Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Hex Shank   1/4"
Impacts Per Minute (3 speed)   0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,600 / 0 - 3,800 IPM
No Load Speed (3 speed)   0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,100 / 0 - 3,600 RPM
Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m)   1,550 in.lbs./175N•m
Overall Length   4-11/16"
Voltage   18V
Net Weight   3.3 lbs.

This picture gives you an idea of the size difference between the XDT09Z and the XDT01Z

L7o6CsC.jpg

Here is a short speed demo of the tool:  https://youtu.be/lTJwEiIMM6M

Toronto canada and they ship to the states aswell they also have a makita 5.0 batterys also its called atlas machinery

Ok bet. Ima have to keep them in mind next time I get some shopping money lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Ima need Makita to communicate with Dan and Eric so we can get a tool fight started!!

They will be scared to put any other tool against mighty makita!!!!! Makitas hammer drill is the most powerful out and if they have the right impact the makita is the most powerful sooo but id love to see some other tool brands get shut down hhhahahah sorry guys

They will be scared to put any other tool against mighty makita!!!!! Makitas hammer drill is the most powerful out and if they have the right impact the makita is the most powerful sooo but id love to see some other tool brands get shut down hhhahahah sorry guys

Ha! My friend what you have said belongs in a billboard!![emoji108]
  • Like 1

You don't really need to import it now they have if on sale here as under the XDT09Z model name. Unless you really like the color it will probably cost more to buy, and you won't have any warranty coverage as its a grey market tool.

I don't think I ever used a tool warranty, on a car thats another story you would think you would have more problems with a tool that cost a few hundred then a car that cost tens of thousands. I know its not the same category but even the paint is falling off the car, good things theres a recall on it but its been 2 years since and they keep telling me I'm on the waiting list. The car is going to turn into a pile of rust by the time they call me