Power Outage

Scoszko

Not sure if where this fits into another topic.

I was making some cuts last night on my table saw in the garage and while I was mid cut, the lights go out and the motor looses power but the blade is still spinning. Not just a tripped breaker, full house power outage. Luckily it was a relatively small piece (not ripping sheet goods) so I slowly backed the piece out and found my way to the door to the house. Scared the crap out of me though having a spinning table saw blade in a pitch black room. I have never thought about battery backup lights in my garage before as I don't have power outages often.

Has this happened to anyone before and do you have some sort of backup?

I have never had that happen to me before. That would be pretty scary. I am looking into installing a whole home generator. Our new house and the power lines that feed our neighborhood are surrounded by trees. Seems like every time the wind blows the power goes out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Did your Table saw trip the circuit? 

I had my table saw leave me in the dark a few times now. It depends on which outlet I plug it into. I have been meaning to add a dedicated circuit for it. My situation just drops the garage power not the whole house.

No, the entire street lost power for 20 minutes. Unless my table saw blew a transformer. That would take longer than 20 minutes to fix though.