DW624 ROUTER

TREGRAHOW

I accidentally disassembled (stupid!) my DW624 1/2" Router and 2 springs and a plastic spring liner hit the deck. On re-assembly it refuses to plunge more than a quarter of an inch or so. There seems to be only one way it which the thing goes back together so has anyone any ideas how to sort it without paying through the nose?

I accidentally disassembled (stupid!) my DW624 1/2" Router and 2 springs and a plastic spring liner hit the deck. On re-assembly it refuses to plunge more than a quarter of an inch or so. There seems to be only one way it which the thing goes back together so has anyone any ideas how to sort it without paying through the nose?

may I ask how you "Accidentally disassembled" your router?

RickyMcGrath, on 15 Jul 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

may I ask how you "Accidentally disassembled" your routeQuite simple:

Quite simple: I undid the cap nut on the top of the threaded pillar so as to carefully remove the router body from the base. The plunge was a little jerky so I assumed some dirt or debris had somehow found it's way into the spring tubes. I wanted to check; clean and re-assemble the whole shebang. However, the springs were stronger than I thought and I almost ended up chewing the top of the router body as it shot upwards. I gathered up the springs and the plastic spring liner; cleaned and greased the springs and re-assembled it correctly: or so I thought. The rest is history - and so is this router if I can't find a way to fix it. Downloaded PDF explains nothing. See; I told you I'd been stupid!

Let me know if you can't figure it out soon. I have that same router and may have some time to see if I can lend some instruction. Knowing it will blow apart of not careful, I can carefully pull some of it apart to get you some insight on how to reassemble.