Catch a Contractor (TV Show)

Chris

Have any of you guys seen this show Catch a Contractor, it is hosted by Adam Carolla and Skip Bedell. The premise of the show is they track down contractors who have typically abandoned jobs and left home owners stranded.

I had never heard of this show until flipping through the channels last night and came across it. I don't really know what to make of it, other then typical reality show. While I do like the basic premise of the show, I think there is a bit too much yelling and bs that comes with the show. I more of less like the idea of heres the scam artist contractor, here is the family that was taken for a ride and here are the issues we found with the house. I would like to see 90% of the bs go away and show more of how they fixed the house.

• Like 1

Not really like Holmes on Holmes because this show they spend a lot of time basically finding the contractor and giving him hell. I think Holmes does a better job of actually showing what the contractor did wrong and what they need to do to correct it. 

SpikeTV

Never heard of the the show I will look it up. Holmes is something else basically he walks in an old home and says nothing is up to code and knocks it all down. No kidding its an old house of course its not up to today's code. 

My neighbor and I have a running joke about Mike Holmes. Basically if your going to get a Holmes inspection, you might as well bring in the bulldozers.

Your certainly correct about the codes, that's why we have grandfathered in laws. Whenever I do upgrade something on my house I do always bring it up to today's code, to the best of my ability. There are certain areas where it is just too impractical, like I can not reconstruct the structure of the house. 

• Like 1

My neighbor and I have a running joke about Mike Holmes. Basically if your going to get a Holmes inspection, you might as well bring in the bulldozers.

Your certainly correct about the codes, that's why we have grandfathered in laws. Whenever I do upgrade something on my house I do always bring it up to today's code, to the best of my ability. There are certain areas where it is just too impractical, like I can not reconstruct the structure of the house. 

For real, and he always blames the previous contractor when the homeowners are to blame by going with the lowest bid and hiring unlicensed people.