Whats the difference? ... Stihl kombi professional , Stihl kombi homeowner

I have been looking for a weed wacker , I prefer Stihl and I already have an edger attachment, and I found a Stihl kombi Homeowner and the professional is it worth spending more for the professional? Whats the difference?

It depends on how much you will use it and the things you are cutting. The professional has a bigger motor and is a 4 mix engine type, I would always go bigger but if you are only using it for one property the choice is up to you. The professional line is much better and for a few dollars more its well worth it

• Like 1

The professional is a 4-mix engine whereas the homeowner type is a 2 stroke.

A 4 mix engine is the stijl version of a 4 stroke engine. It had the 4 strokes principe but still uses gas/oil mix to run ( just like a 2 stroke ).

4 mix engine have more torque, use less fuel, less exhaust and sound not so loud.

They do are abit heavier and have an extra maintenace step: adjustinng valves every 130 hours of use.

Adjusting valves is some thing you can easily do yourself with a YouTube video next to you !

• Like 2

@ ProToolNut.

Don't forget you have to mix gas and oil for the Stihl 4-Mix 4 strokes.

I had a guy the other day argue with me that the Stihl 4-Mix was a two stroke. The only argument he could come up with was you have to mix oil in the gas. I tried to explain that is has valves and makes 4 cycles. It was like arguing with a fence post. We had to just agree to disagree.

• Like 1