Bed in progress...

Moxy

Wow Moxy! Awesome job dude, love the unserved storage. Are there going to cabinets or open faced?

Uh oh... I hate to break it to you... those are going to be drawers.  I wanted to make sure the frames were good and beefy so frames are all 2x4's and 3/4" purebond plywood.  When it's all said and done - there should be about 13 drawers.  Although one isn't technically a drawer.  It's just a flip down door under the foot board to store the fold away dog stairs my wife requires...

Looks nice, what color stain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm staining it with coffee/tea mix and steel wool in vinegar.  Should make it look good and aged.  Then it's getting some distressed paint - per the wife's orders.  I started making this for our anniversary and she had no idea.  We went to a furnished home show and she was pointing out all the storage beds she wanted.  I knew i was on the right track.  At first she said she wanted raw wood with just a clear coat but then she started seeing ones at the show with some nice old wood and the popular chippy paint finish and said that's what she wanted.  I was pretty set to finish it in secret... then one night I was tired and spilled the beans inadvertently.  So she's been "directing" the project ever since.  Now I just say "Yes Dear" and go about my business.

• Like 2