Makita brushless circ vs skil wormdrive

torontotoolman

Well everybody iv talked to who has both saws like the makita more but say they are very close in comparison plus iv seen the makita cut smoother i even posted on here a little clip and you can clearly see the milwaukee bog down well the makita cuts threw smooth soo i dont know iv seen your guys review and it seems like you go off stats and your personal opinions but in reality milwaukee is known for boosting up the stats soo cant really rely on that and also are you guys really testing out the saws cutting wet PT cutting large lumbers making cut aftrt cut? Just wondering but i am not knocking your guys reviews i really like them you guys do a good job but im not 100 percent sure the milwaukee will actually kick the makitas ass

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

They had the same blades on them? Not to argue, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you're arguing with a guy who did side by side tests with identical blades. The only real way to get an idea is to put the same blades on em. I've never seen any horsepower or other stats from Milwaukee, so not sure what numbers they are inflating according to you, but their cuts per charge quotes are usually repeatable and often surpassed in testing. Still it's the marketing dept. which always sugarcoats things for every maker. Makita is an oddball though, they don't seem to have a marketing dept. at all lol. It might be a good thing but if you aren't pushing your product someone else is gonna push theirs.

@jerryNY

In my opinion Milwaukee always claims alot more about then actual testing shows. Milwaukee new tool event 2014. They brought out their new bigger blade fuel. Some very big claims like usual in runtime. Run times Alot beter then the 18+18 v Makita ( they had these piles of cut down pieces of 2 by 4 )

A few months later when the YouTube and website reviewers got their hands on the tools. Runtime and power were both better on the Makita. Not by a small Margin either.

Milwaukee's marketing team is the best at creating hype and stelling bullshit to people imo :) that works of course. No doubt about that !

• Like 1

@jerryNY

In my opinion Milwaukee always claims alot more about then actual testing shows. Milwaukee new tool event 2014. They brought out their new bigger blade fuel. Some very big claims like usual in runtime. Run times Alot beter then the 18+18 v Makita ( they had these piles of cut down pieces of 2 by 4 )

A few months later when the YouTube and website reviewers got their hands on the tools. Runtime and power were both better on the Makita. Not by a small Margin either.

Milwaukee's marketing team is the best at creating hype and stelling bullshit to people imo :) that works of course. No doubt about that !

I agree Milwaukee has a marketing team that lives to hype but the tools speak for themselves. I don't think they're selling bullshit when the tools do the work. They make solid tools imo. Which so does makita, everyone has a pretty comparable quality anymore. I've seen some bullshit marketing from the boys in yellow and teal before as well. Why can't we all just play nice and be happy there are such kickass tools available?

@jerryNY

Thanks bud i was feeling the milwaukee heat from those guys with no makita back up untill you showed up

• Like 1

We need to put one guy from each tool line in a cage armed with there cordless circular saw and have a fight to the death. Only way we can end this argument

Haha that's it. Makita rep vs milwaukee. They have to have matching blades though

• Like 1

Even the subtle teal is poor marketing compared to the bright red, orange, and yellow tools of other brands. I'm thinking of the makita sitting there quietly in the drill fight while dan and eric rave about the other two winners and all the losers.

Hahah lol makita is the quite guy that will fuck up the whole room lol its true oh well what can you do the people who use makita know what power and heavy duty tools the have in there hand

@jerryNY

I hear you but don't take what I'm saying as bashing Makita in any way.  I'm just saying that you can't really say you don't trust Milwaukee marketing on the one hand and then blindly trust random internet videos on the other without knowing more about them. Both are dicey at best for accuracy.

Makita makes great tools. I do think they are a little stubborn though, the whole not invented here syndrome kinda thing where they refuse to put battery indicators on their batteries for the longest time as an example when they could have obviously done this year and years ago. The same goes with their lackluster marketing.  Like their tools speak for themselves which is fine, they are good tools, but in this age of media you have to toot your own horn wether you like it or not. 

Yeah i hadnt said that toronto's random movie is any fact nor did i said anything about Makita.

Just praising the Milwaukee marketing guys for their ingenius use of catchy terms ( redlink Electronics and red lithium. Its all thesame crap as any other brand but it sounds flashy of course )/ amazing displays of runtime which do not seem to hold up in any test not done by Milwaukee himself.

I also think that for the moment Milwaukee and Makita are a notch above the other Brands.

That being said i think Bosch and Makita are the Brands that throw the least marketing bullshit around to comfound not knowledgable potentiaal buyers.

Those Japanse havent even ever heard of the term ' marketing ' before

I also think that for the moment Milwaukee and Makita are a notch above the other Brands.

That being said i think Bosch and Makita are the Brands that throw the least marketing bullshit around to comfound not knowledgable potentiaal buyers.

Actually I think Metabo take the cake for least Market..y, at least over here in Aus. But I agree with your sentiment.

Yeah i hadnt said that toronto's random movie is any fact nor did i said anything about Makita.

Just praising the Milwaukee marketing guys for their ingenius use of catchy terms ( redlink Electronics and red lithium. Its all thesame crap as any other brand but it sounds flashy of course )/ amazing displays of runtime which do not seem to hold up in any test not done by Milwaukee himself.

Those Japanse havent even ever heard of the term ' marketing ' before

I don't disagree with the amount of flashy gimmicks that Milwaukee uses. But makita actually does have some marketing ploys themselves. Like miss makita. (Not that I'm against it in the least

How DARE you call Miss Makita a marketing ploy!! I take umbrage at that, major umbrage. I'm not even a Makita guy and I feel the need to defend Miss Makita and all those photos they make her take in skimpy outfits holding nice tools. That takes work man. Again how DARE YOU! I need to study this further and look at more photos just to be sure...

• Like 1

How DARE you call Miss Makita a marketing ploy!! I take umbrage at that, major umbrage. I'm not even a Makita guy and I feel the need to defend Miss Makita and all those photos they make her take in skimpy outfits holding nice tools. That takes work man. Again how DARE YOU! I need to study this further and look at more photos just to be sure...

Haha awesome. I did say I did not have one problem with it. In fact I think every tool company needs to market this way

Haha haha :D well not even a miss Makita here in belgium :D

And metabo is quite known here. Its Milwaukee that you almost do not find in belgium. Altho they are gaining traction in the market :D

It's funny though how Milwaukee has tools outside the U.S. that they don't sell here being a major American brand. The m18 miter saw for example. I figure they have a bigger better fuel one waiting in the wings for the U.S. but still they could have been selling it here for a while now. Outside of tool guys no one knows Metabo here. Bosch is known because they make all sorts of things. Milwaukee has an advantage entering any market though because they have one of the largest 18v ranges of tools and the largest 12v range. Together they cover so many tool nooks you can't ignore them.

Haha awesome. I did say I did not have one problem with it. In fact I think every tool company needs to market this way

Yeah it sucks in this PC world we may see that kind of marketing disappear though. When it does disappear who would give Miss Makita her skimpy outfits to wear and a nice tool to hold? Don't answer that...

Metabo could be huge in the USA. The only problem is they have some of the worst marketing ever!! If I was Metabo I would try to get my tools in Lowes and offer aggressive promotions either lower prices or free bare tools and batteries or a combination of both. Lowes would love to grab some of the tool buying market from Home Depot.  Hitachi is another brand that doesn't market well either. Which is sad as Hitachi makes some decent tools.