Flashlight

jbw55

I just got a couple of MPOWERD Luci inflatable lanterns:

Iqxfr6Ml.jpg

jaTa13Fl.jpg

They are light and very small when deflated, I think they'll be good for camping. Supposedly will last 12 hours on low, and charge in 8hrs of sunlight. I don't know how to verify this without destroying one since there's no charge indicator and the LiPo battery is not accessible.

They're pretty neat for $20 each anyway.

This is on my wish list currently.

00ebe34358f7df047a786ce2bb593041.jpg

Try a Nitecore SRT7. It's very good, does most of the same stuff and has a different interface. The selector ring controls the white dimming, there are more white levels available, and the max output is much higher. It doesn't feel as nice, but if you want utility it's a good choice. Also 18650 compatible.

Do you need IR?

Does anyone NEED 60% of the stuff we show off?

It's a nice novelty to have to go along with my night vision. An auxiliary IR light really helps with zero light situations and long distances.

Of course not but it makes you want it more!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone NEED 60% of the stuff we show off?

It's a nice novelty to have to go along with my night vision. An auxiliary IR light really helps with zero light situations and long distances.

Varying degrees of need, I meant was that a consideration in picking the Mil Kroma. If you want to use the light with NVG, you should check out the various "Vampire" lights, like the V2. It outputs 10/120mW IR, compared to the Kroma's 8.4mW. I wouldn't buy the Kroma unless it's more of a collector piece at this point.

I have a question I got 40 dollars I want to treat myself to a nice light I want as many lumens with standard batteries no cr123 or 18650 calling all flashaholics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are a few to check out, there more the pocket style.....these are all qulity lights, not the cheap mag type. There are plenty more, this is what I could think of at the moment. If you can choose a different battery format you really open up your selection of lights and lumin output.

Eagle Tac PN 20A2

Eagle Tac 88033

Eagle Tac D25

Streamlight 66118

Nitecore MT06

Thrunite Ti3

Here are a few to check out, there more the pocket style.....these are all qulity lights, not the cheap mag type. There are plenty more, this is what I could think of at the moment. If you can choose a different battery format you really open up your selection of lights and lumin output.

Eagle Tac PN 20A2

Eagle Tac 88033

Eagle Tac D25

Streamlight 66118

Nitecore MT06

Thrunite Ti3

What others would you recommend in other platforms

It will be for minor electrical work in confined areas

I like this at about $60 which includes light, battery, charger and case. 1000 plus lumins and takes 1x18650 or 2xCR123A batteries http://www.eagletac.com/html/p200lc2/specs.html

Also this at around $60 for light, battery and charger http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/p12

And this one at about $60 for light, batteries, charger and case https://olightworld.com/product/m22-warrior/

All quality lights that offer lot's of value.....

I'm a big fan of flashlights myself but I always stick to headlamps at some point. Never found anything more convenient to use than a headlamp.

I agree I have a lot of flashlights but my fenix head torch is my go to light !

I have these flashlights

Fenix = hl30

Pd32 ue

Pd35 tac

Tk35

Ld12

Skyray king

Inova X1 , x5 and x2

I have got a nitecore head torch but it packed up in 2 weeks so sticking to fenix as they have never let me down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk