My Miter Saw was the first to go when the doctor bills came...

bothuhead19

Sad, really. I feel you. :(

So wrong in so many levels to actually have to pay for medical treatment you or your family needs to have any way. :( And being in need to sell your good tools is even sader.

Reading the top text though, my first though was that you had cut yourself on the actuall saw, and it was sold in an "rage". 

Not the same situation as you, but given the low oil prices and my low age, I may not have a job for too long, and that means buying less tools. Which would be a sure bummer too. :( But the medical bills are at least practically free, which is nice when you are as clumpsy as myself. Also, the woman in the house last week had to get some titanium screws, large operation and have to walk with gypsum on the legg. Can't complain on the 50 $ bill total. Could have been a disaster, would guess it would cost a lot having two of the best surgeons, 4 anesthetic people, a lot of nurses ++. Damn.

Sad, really. I feel you. :(

So wrong in so many levels to actually have to pay for medical treatment you or your family needs to have any way. :( And being in need to sell your good tools is even sader.

Reading the top text though, my first though was that you had cut yourself on the actuall saw, and it was sold in an "rage". 

Not the same situation as you, but given the low oil prices and my low age, I may not have a job for too long, and that means buying less tools. Which would be a sure bummer too. :( But the medical bills are at least practically free, which is nice when you are as clumpsy as myself. Also, the woman in the house last week had to get some titanium screws, large operation and have to walk with gypsum on the legg. Can't complain on the 50 $ bill total. Could have been a disaster, would guess it would cost a lot having two of the best surgeons, 4 anesthetic people, a lot of nurses ++. Damn.

I'm reading it again and it definitely sounds that way.  It is tough but I know that it's the fastest way to get cash and like others have said, the tools can be replaced.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope your little girl gets better quick. Saws come and go but little girls don't! I'll send good thoughts your way for a new CSMS when your little girl is better!

She's made a pretty good recovery, it's just that the bills didn't all come at once, it's like they saved the biggest chunk for last so I wasn't really expecting it.