Here is a big write up on the Milwaukee One Key System

DR99

Thanks for posting Jason! There's a lot of info on there but from what I see it's very cool do I think it's for a DIY guy like myself I'm not sure but it would be damn cool to own a part of one key

You know if a DIYer like us got a hold of some One key the torque and rpm on the drills would be maxed out all of the time!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You know if a DIYer like us got a hold of some One key the torque and rpm on the drills would be maxed out all of the time!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

For now...  Someday you'll point your phone at a screw and you driver will automatically load the optimal settings.

Actually, this would be straightforward to set up with existing hardware and some code libraries.  This might even be in the near future for milwaukee.  Is everyone looking forward to paying for upgrades to the hardware they already own?

Milwaukee could do that but I would be a marketing disaster with that angle. The better option is they can offer updates that give them the performance crown. The big 3 had a similar thing with the big diesel trucks they kept flashing the engines so they could say they had the most powerful engine. It's a big marketing talking point for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great for companies that need to manage a fleet of tools, but more of a gimmick for the DIYer. It would be neat to show off controlling my drill with my phone but honestly I've never felt like messing with most of what the system claims to do. I wonder if there's a way to turn it off completely, it could certainly be a privacy issue, and it probably drains the battery a bit even in standby.

The apps look to have released recently.  

This looks great for companies that need to manage a fleet of tools, but more of a gimmick for the DIYer. It would be neat to show off controlling my drill with my phone but honestly I've never felt like messing with most of what the system claims to do. I wonder if there's a way to turn it off completely, it could certainly be a privacy issue, and it probably drains the battery a bit even in standby.

yeah, its called buy the regular fuel tools, and not the one-key enabled ones ;)