What 7 1/4 blade for ripping plywood?

DiverDn

The blade I have is an old 100 tooth and I'm sure it's dull because the name is worn off of it. ^-^

I had the blade depth set to just a little more than the thickness of the material, so I don't think that's the problem. I will check out the diablo, I think I've seen them in Home Depot.

Thanks

dull blades will lower rpm which is most likely the problem

dull blades tend to heat up and usually tare more than cut. if you are ripping lots of plywood it's best to get the right blade. if you have no option for a new blade run tape along the cut.....on both sides might help in a pinch....

The blade I have is an old 100 tooth and I'm sure it's dull because the name is worn off of it.  ^-^

I had the blade depth set to just a little more than the thickness of the material, so I don't think that's the problem. I will check out the diablo, I think I've seen them in Home Depot.

Thanks

Is it one of those all steel blades designed (a long time ago) for plywood?  Something like this?

Despite those blades being designed for plywood I think they're one of the worst blades for it.  I once saw one so dull that it was impossible to tell which way it should spin since both the marking and teeth were worn off.

Is it one of those all steel blades designed (a long time ago) for plywood?  Something like this?

Despite those blades being designed for plywood I think they're one of the worst blades for it.  I once saw one so dull that it was impossible to tell which way it should spin since both the marking and teeth were worn off.

Yes it looks like that, I've had the saw for a lot of years, just haven't had a chance to use it much lately.

I'm thinking the cheaper option for him would be a new blade.....

Yeah, I'm thinking a new blade is a better option.....

I will take a look at the Diablo Ultra Finish, that will most likely cure the problem.

Thanks