Piano maintanance

jbw55

Since finishing up the reno on the living room I thought our Grand Piano could use a bit of TLC also.....I started off with Howard's Restor-A -Finish, this stuff is great, really brings the color back to wood and easy to apply. Use of some 0000# steelwool together with the restor-a-finish works nicely also. Next I used Minwax Wipe on Poly, another  easy product to use, I took one of those plastic cut in tools for painting and wraped a blue paper shop towel around it.....just pour a bit on it and wipe with the grain and your done. Last I gave it a coat of Howard's lemon oil. I'm thrilled how it all turned out considering the Piano is 90 years old.....now good for another 90 years LOL.

post-51163-0-01731900-1442006386_thumb.j

• Like 3

Absolutely  Stunning! Me being a woodworker, me least favorite thing to do is the finishing, it's like one has to be a mad scientist to figure it all out LOL.  I do love the sanding process thought. however, I know the majority of woodworkers absolutely hate it lol. I have a ton of books and articles on doing finishes, there are so many options.

-Steven