Toolnut Fein ASCM Drill Kit

ChrisK

I contacted Tool Nut they are taking care of it as soon as they can on Monday. Your screwed if anything goes wrong with an item on Friday. I'm just glad I double checked on which batteries I got.

. Good to hear Jason that's cool that toolnut is taking care of u bro.

Even though I have just bought the Dewalt 995 and M12 fuel I  couldn't pass this deal up. hmm my first thought was that they are bringing out a new drill but I looked at a few different places and couldn't find the same deal anywhere else, even if that was the case I doubt the discount would be so high anyways.Thanks for the headsup btw Chris

They still have some in stock!! My replacement kit arrives tomorrow. If Fein had more tools in that platform I would buy them over Milwaukee in a heartbeat they are a quality tool. The only problem is they are expensive as efff regular priced at $169 isn't bad at all for any drill really

I know, each time I go on their website I debate really hard about getting it. If their drills are half the quality of their multimaster then they are great. I've been pretty impressed with Fein so far!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I got mine last Saturday and it's still in the box. I'll try to mess around with it later on during the weekend though. Been a little busy at home and work and haven't been able to even inbox it yet. I'll icks nay on the unboxing video!

So tempted to order one but if I buy another drill I'll be petition you guys for a place to stay, lol. @Nicholas, they do resemble Milwaukee, I want to say somewhere down the line they are owned by the same company, don't quote me on that though.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nicholas you are correct but Fein is actually a German company. For the impact and the regular drill and hammer (non ASCM) they contracted a company to build their Fein designed drill and driver as it was cheaper for them to make and sell as a more cost affordable tool. It's still designed by Fein standards but built by an outside contractor to their standards and you are correct in some similarities between the two externally. The ASCM is designed by Fein and built by Fein in Germany but it's a higher end tool that they can sell and market from their factory. I was wondering the same thing when I saw their tool line pop up. I ended up following a couple of threads on another site and got that information (i.e.....I'm not German and don't work for them....but....if Festool or Fein are hiring... :) )

• Like 1

such an amazing drill, there is no battery slop like with my Dewalt 995 and it just seems so well built and sturdy. I was thinking that the interchangeable chucks would be a weak spot but am happy to say they are solid as permanent chucks and the pop when you remove the chuck lets you know its a solid connection. I tried it out a bit and the fact that I can use a 1/2" bit in 4th gear through some 4x pine is amazing. It just bored through it like it was butter. Well worth the $170 and easily twice that amount.

The other 18v products (impact driver, wrench and compact drill) are quality but no where near the engineering of the 4-Speed drill. I'd happily own them, but I would NOT pay FEIN prices for them. They won't keep up with the latest models from regular brands.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    stermscar
    Newest Member
    stermscar