More issues with the car

ItsaBanana

Well had the car to be looked at yesterday by a great mechanic in our car club and turns out the knocking noise from the rear is the upper suspension arms rusted and snapped on passenger side. Ten year old car so expected. On driver side rear, we have a crack in the spring on very bottom. So time to shell out a few hundred more. Damn car has cost me over £1,000 ($1,800) in past 5 months. Had new alternator, new fuel pumps and let me tell you, BMW have a two fuel pump system. When one goes, the other goes with it. Lower engine mount replaced and few other things. Plus two new higher end tyres on rear. Hopefully this will be the end of those little repairs for a year.

So what you got needing done to your ride?

We will be changing our the engine in one of my good friends truck. We are putting the 383 striker small block Chevy that we built in tech school in it. The truck is his 86 Chevy half ton shortbed 4x4. It will probably happen next week or so and I will definitely post pictures when it happens

Rusted suspension seems a bit premature on a ten year old car....you must have some teribble weather conditions. I hope all else goes well with your car. Thankfully I just need an oil change, tires will be needed by years end.

Sadly the UK is a very wet and damp nation. Not rare to find cars up in Scotland with extreme weather wear that are only a few years old. Many won't buy cars from Scotland. Just rains loads here and living right beside the Atlantic oceon, Irish sea and North Channel, our cars endure a lot of salt in the air.

I just spent almost $200 on new rear brakes for my truck. One of the wheel cylinders was leaking and the drum on the other side was cracked pretty bad. The drum that was cracked was also slightly egg shaped too. On the other hand the fronts were in great shape.

Nicholas don't u love the feeling of how ur truck or car feels after you upgrade or do some Maintance on ur vehicles plus knowing that u did It yourself and it's done right.

Sure do. We were also changing the fluid too while we were at it. I'll probably lock up the rear tires now.