Milwaukee 25' Magnetic Taoe Measure

JimboS1ice

Picked one up today, I liked the way it looked and it has some cool features. The under side of the tape is marked so no matter what way you measure you can see numbers. The thing feels real solid and has a smooth coiling system. The other sweet feature is the finger protection bar that alows you to use your finger as a break while rolling it up and avoid getting it caught by the tip at the end. The magnetic tip is nice and big allowing you to grab onto edges fairly easy.

The biggest fault of this tape I noticed immediately is the material of it. It is a nylon material that it supposed to not tear or break, but what Milwaukee didn't take into consideration is the structural rigidity of the tape. After about 3-4 feet the tape twists and doesn't lay flat unless you have tension pulled on it. Pretty annoying especially if you are free measuring by just laying the tape flat. Good for measuring lumber but that's about it. Buyer beware it's pretty cool looking but it will just be a spare to my pile of fat max out tape measures. I'll post a few pictures when I have a chance.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pardon my typos I can't figure out how to change the title.

hmm I have a few different size Milwaukee tapes and I have not noticed this issue.....only thing I do notice however is the tape end is so large it can easily be bent to give an inaccurate reading......

I have the 26 ft tape, I can get just over 10 feet in mid air without twisting or bending.

Maybe you got the one made on Friday at quitting time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could very well be a flaw in the material, but it still functions and is a pretty cool tape measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speaking of the Milwaukee Tapes, I was at HD this morning and seen a dual pack on clearance because 1 of the smaller tapes was missing so I figured for $10 bucks it is worth it for the one ......as it turned out it scanned in at regular price so the SCOP (get $10 off final price if scan is wrong at til) kicked in and got it for 1 penny...can't go wrong at that price.....oh look puppy approved......

DSC_1958.jpg

DSC_1960.jpg

Man, that is a great score! I don't really need a tape measure but I definitely wouldn't turn it down for a penny...actually wouldn't turn it down for $10. The magnetic feature would be very useful, I'm not sure why everyone hasn't been making one for years.

that is what I figured I have 4 or 5 of these already but ya can never have enough, $10 is cheap for the 26 footer the 1 penny at check out was a bonus.......

don't kid yourself............she is just entering it into inventory, if she sees anyone walking out with it without a proper slip as little as she is she will go for the throat.......

funny thing my other dog is older 16 years old this year and when I have someone come over to buy something when they are leaving she will flip out barking like crazy until I tell her they paid already they are good to go......only then she will put her head down and groan as she walks away.....everyone gets a kick out of it...lol ....it has never happened but I would like to be a fly on the wall if anyone I didn't know when it to my shop if I wasn't there......

don't kid yourself............she is just entering it into inventory, if she sees anyone walking out with it without a proper slip as little as she is she will go for the throat.......

funny thing my other dog is older 16 years old this year and when I have someone come over to buy something when they are leaving she will flip out barking like crazy until I tell her they paid already they are good to go......only then she will put her head down and groan as she walks away.....everyone gets a kick out of it...lol ....it has never happened but I would like to be a fly on the wall if anyone I didn't know when it to my shop if I wasn't there......

That's hilarious, I love dogs because of reasons like this. My dog is a beagle, he LOVES barking but I don't love it when he barks. So now he'll see a dog, get excited and look to me. If I say "Ok" he'll bark three times and look back at me. If I say "No" he'll lower his head, grumble and keep walking.

That's hilarious, I love dogs because of reasons like this. My dog is a beagle, he LOVES barking but I don't love it when he barks. So now he'll see a dog, get excited and look to me. If I say "Ok" he'll bark three times and look back at me. If I say "No" he'll lower his head, grumble and keep walking.

that reminds me of when chevy our older dog was younger, when our kids were younger too... we would all be on the sofa around bed time and I'd say to the kids....ok bed time.....then 10 minutes go by and I'd say hey....I said bed time.......well when I said it a second time chevy....would look at the kids and growl......and slowly show her teeth.......as if to say you heard him get to bed...lol

• Like 1