Second thoughts on the Milwaukee box

jbw55

It seems Milwaukee is starting to ship thier tool boxes to the stores on the east coast and most likely they will start to make way to the west coast soon......this has got me back in tool box mode, I was thinking of getting two Milwaukee box / chest sets but after scoping out what would go in what drawer, I found the Milwaukee bottom box isn't to my liking as much as I first thought.....the bottom drawer heights are to tall for my needs and really wanted to see less taller and more shorter drawers. All my corded and cordless tools have thier own location so I wouldn't be filling the drawers with them. Anyway the Homak H2Pro 72 inch tool box and chest has caught my eye, build quality seems very good, drawer layout is just about perfect for my needs and its a smidge shorter in length which allows me to get the end cabinet that matches. Its going to be a difficult choice.....I do like the Milwaukee badge though LOL!

http://www.homak.com/Homak%20Site/Chests%20&%20Cabinets_H2Pro%20Series_72in%20Page.html

post-51163-0-80219000-1444767651_thumb.j

post-51163-0-98396700-1444767665_thumb.j

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. I am looking to get a new box and really like the Milwaukee one. Trying to decide if the drawer pattern fits all of my needs. I like the Masterforce ones from Menards but are more expensive. 

The Homak I'm considering looks simular in drawer layout and pricing to the Masterforce boxes.....I do like Milwaukee's top box its just thier bottom box layout I'm not fond of. Another brand I'm looking at is International, they too are simular to Masterforce and Homak. I'm also leaning to a 72" box and chest instead of multiple boxes this time around, hopefuly this will be my last tool box. So far I'm leaning to the Homak boxes as they really have the drawer layout that fits my needs.

The Homak I'm considering looks simular in drawer layout and pricing to the Masterforce boxes.....I do like Milwaukee's top box its just thier bottom box layout I'm not fond of. Another brand I'm looking at is International, they too are simular to Masterforce and Homak. I'm also leaning to a 72" box and chest instead of multiple boxes this time around, hopefuly this will be my last tool box. So far I'm leaning to the Homak boxes as they really have the drawer layout that fits my needs.

I just looked them up. The Homak's look nice. But with the shipping cost added it makes it quite a bit more for the box than the Milwaukee or the Masterforce. If you went with a Masterforce box you could get one shipped to the store for free to save that cost. Also buy it during their 11% sale and get a rebate on top of it. I have some rebates coming and about to send off that if I went that route I would use them towards a box but also wait for their rebate sale again. 

I just looked them up. The Homak's look nice. But with the shipping cost added it makes it quite a bit more for the box than the Milwaukee or the Masterforce. If you went with a Masterforce box you could get one shipped to the store for free to save that cost. Also buy it during their 11% sale and get a rebate on top of it. I have some rebates coming and about to send off that if I went that route I would use them towards a box but also wait for their rebate sale again. 

The shipping is a killer, I'm on the west coast and for the 72 inch top and bottom its $580 to ship.....that sucks for sure. I like the Masterforce but didn't see a top box for the 72 incher. man this is a tough one, do I go with a box that I'm not thrilled with drawer layout and cheaper or bite the bullet and get the box with perfect drawer layout for my needs and pony up more $$$......This is going to be my last tool box so I'm tempted to just man up and pay the price. All in all its a $1000 more for what I need and want, not the end of the world I guess :)

The shipping is a killer, I'm on the west coast and for the 72 inch top and bottom its $580.....that sucks for sure. I like the Masterforce but didn't see a top box for the 72 incher. man this is a tough one, do I go with a box that I'm not thrilled with drawer layout and cheaper or bite the bullet and get the box with perfect drawer layout for my needs and pony up more $$$......This is going to be my last tool box so I'm tempted to just man up and pay the price. All in all its a $1000 more for what I need and want, not the end of the world I guess :)

for the price of shipping that is a whole other tool box! What about a 72" box with a 56" top or even a 41" top and have the remaining space as work space? Masterforce also has a 56" top and bottom combo for 1,348. 

Do you have a Menards close being on the west coast?

for the price of shipping that is a whole other tool box! What about a 72" box with a 56" top or even a 41" top and have the remaining space as work space? Masterforce also has a 56" top and bottom combo for 1,348. 

Do you have a Menards close being on the west coast?

I was kicking the 72 inch bottom and 56 inch top and that certainly is a consideration plus it saves me a bunch of money.....however I would be pushing to fit all my tools in that configuration. We have menards about 40 miles down the road.

I was kicking the 72 inch bottom and 56 inch top and that certainly is a consideration plus it saves me a bunch of money.....however I would be pushing to fit all my tools in that configuration. We have menards about 40 miles down the road.

I'd happily drive 80 miles to save me $600 LOL. For sh!ts and giggles I'd contact Masterforce and see if they have a top for the 72" but not have it listed. 

Good idea..... :)

more and more companies are coming out with tool boxes so the normal Snap-On, Mac, and Matco boxes are getting a lot of competition. I'm sure Masterforce has been getting some of that market share. If they even said they were working on one you could always buy the bottom now and buy the top later, not ideal but could be an option. Who knows. :)

Also I would like to get my hands on an International box and see how they compare to other brands. They look nice as well. 

It seems Milwaukee is starting to ship thier tool boxes to the stores on the east coast and most likely they will start to make way to the west coast soon......this has got me back in tool box mode, I was thinking of getting two Milwaukee box / chest sets but after scoping out what would go in what drawer, I found the Milwaukee bottom box isn't to my liking as much as I first thought.....the bottom drawer heights are to tall for my needs and really wanted to see less taller and more shorter drawers. All my corded and cordless tools have thier own location so I wouldn't be filling the drawers with them. Anyway the Homak H2Pro 72 inch tool box and chest has caught my eye, build quality seems very good, drawer layout is just about perfect for my needs and its a smidge shorter in length which allows me to get the end cabinet that matches. Its going to be a difficult choice.....I do like the Milwaukee badge though LOL!

http://www.homak.com/Homak%20Site/Chests%20&%20Cabinets_H2Pro%20Series_72in%20Page.html

attachicon.gifhomakh2pro72bottom.jpg

attachicon.gifhomakh2pro72top.jpg

Just do what Comp does and Milwaukinze it!

You could always get the 72" bottom, and 2 36" tops, usually top drawers aren't as wide anyways and you could potentially customize your needs even better.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was looking at that option as well.....and if it didn't fit length wise I could always have some sort of plywood top for the top boxes to sit on.

Not a bad idea but the 36" top isn't as deep, 18" vs 24" for the cabinet.

I saw that with masterforce top box. Homak top and bottom boxes both have 20 inch deep drawers which I like.....I'm liking the Homak best so far for drawer height, depth and layout. I pretty much have decide against the Milwaukee due to the bottom box layout. Sorry Milwaukee :(

It's the combo chest for 129 on northern tool

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you get ready to buy you may want to check with them to make sure its in stock as it shows no longer available. It looks like they only offer the SE series in 27 and 41 inch versions now. It could be they have a few 33" combo sets hanging around.

When you get ready to buy you may want to check with them to make sure its in stock as it shows no longer available. It looks like they only offer the SE series in 27 and 41 inch versions now. It could be they have a few 33" combo sets hanging around.

Ok thanks alot for the tips that's why I like the forum guys helping younger guys out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk