Home Depot DeWalt 12" Dual Bevel Miter saw (DW716) w/ free stand - $299 or $242.19 from Lowes

The.Handyman

Well, I was in the market for a new 12" trim saw. Did some research, saw Home Depot is offering the DW716 with a free $100 stand. I figured I would buy the saw and return the stand, get a great deal on a new saw.

Then I got to thinking....Lowe's price matches plus they beat the competitors price by 10%! I called the local Lowe's to make sure both were in stock and wandered on over. This deal took a managers approval and sign off as they are taking a big hit. All told the below deal took an hour of my time, mostly waiting. 

Lowe's DW716 price is $349 - price matched HD $299 price - comped the DWX725B stand ($107) - took 10% off of the $299 + Bonus Lowe's 10% coupon I had in my pocket = $242.19 + tax

They didn't actually comp the stand, just heavily discounted it to get my final price. Going to return it and get the $60 back. Saw is a fantastic deal then. 

Win for me!

-purchased 5 of the Lowe's 10% off coupons from Ebay for $5. The seller emailed them to me within 5 minutes. Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

I was tempted to pick one up but If I'm going to buy a mitre saw, I want a mitre saw, whether I need it or not I want a 12" dual bevel slider. I know if I don't I'll kick myself for settling. HD has a Dewalt for 399 but it doesn't have the xps lighting system in it, fortunately I'm patient enough not to jump on it but don't settle kruton, get something that doesn't have limitations, you may one need that slide once or twice but you'll thank yourself.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have an older DW718 12" sliding miter with XPS light and the 20v 7 1/4" slider. I do mostly custom trim work and built-ins. My DW718 is worn and has a lot of deflection in the slide that I am tired of working around (all sliders have this to some extent). I chose to go with the non slider for accuracy of my miters. I run mostly 6 1/2" base, 3"-5" wide casing, and bigger crown. I have the large DeWalt miter stand, figured I didn't need the small one. I mostly use a Keter folding work table with adjustable legs for the 20v slider or a small furniture dolly. 

It sounds like you got your sliding needs all taken care of with the 20v. That 716 saw is supposedly the bees knees for saws. My Father in Law runs the 12" Bosch and loves it. He does trim work mostly and the 12" suits his needs. Congratulations on the new saw and stand! I know BigMike loves his!

• Like 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584