Where are you DeWalt? New PC 20v 18ga nailer & crown stapler

The.Handyman

I haven't seen a mention of these nailers on here so I created this post. I read about these a couple weeks ago and was amazed DeWalt hasn't announced the 18ga nailer to accompany the 16ga unit.

Per 'Tools of the Trade':

"Porter-Cable recently introduced a new lineup of cordless nail guns for finish carpenters, woodworkers, and remodeling contractors. The PCC790, a 18 gauge brad nailer, and the PCC791, a 18 gauge crown stapler are scheduled to hit the market in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016 respectively."

"Expected cost: 

18GA Brad Nailer equipped with one 20V MAX 1.5Ah battery (PCC790LA): $199 (expected release Dec 2015)

18GA Narrow Crown Stapler quipped with one 20V MAX 1.5Ah battery  (PCC791LA): $219   (expected release Jan 2016)"

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/cordless-tools/porter-cables-new-cordless-finish-nailers_o.aspx?dfpzone=tools

image0011.jpg

COME ON DEWALT!

What are your thoughts?

I use the older angled 16ga and straight 18ga nailers exclusively for my finish projects. I would say there is noticeable difference and definitely a holding power advantage for the 16ga. I just purchased the new Makita 23ga pin nailer as well. I would like to update my nailers to the 20v platform and lose some of the bulk/weight of the older nailers.