What tools did everyone use on their last project

chadlanthier

Thinking about this one last night. We all have those tools we may not use often but are thankful we have them when we need them. My last project,which was the fireplace I'm putting in, I used a lot of tools. So here's the list- dewalt miter saw, dewalt track saw, dewalt drill, dewalt grinder, dewalt multi tool, dewalt right angle drill, dewalt saw horses, dewalt bits, dewalt jigsaw, porter cable hammer drill for mortar, tin snipers, hock, mortar rake, mortar trowel, mortar point, ladder

I did burn up the blade on miter saw cutting cement board, I know a big no no. But it was a great excuse to finally buy a Diablo blade that I've been eyeing. The track saw doesn't get out as much as I would like, but its definitely worth every penny when u need it. So what have u guys been working on and what tools have u had to brush the dust off that maybe don't get used all the time.

funny I'm not the smartest guy so it seems I end up using almost all of my tools just to hang a picture, in all seriousness I can't really list the tools I used last project because I have many projects going on at the same time and they can include many of my tools.....I know one thing for sure every project I finish I can think of 3 tools I would want for the next time.....

• Like 2

I'm the same way comp...

I used a craftsman circular saw, Dewalt 20v impact and drill, kreg jig, Bosch hand planer, Senco Brad neiler on husky compressor and I know more I can't think of, this is from my air compressor cabinet project.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

instead of one key Milwaukee and others should come up with remote app on your smart phone to call for a tool or replace a tool from a bench and have a list on phone so you can scroll until you see the tool you need then hit send or receive or at least have an alarm to sound off if you can't remember where it is.....usually 3 feet from you under a piece of wood.....

instead of one key Milwaukee and others should come up with remote app on your smart phone to call for a tool or replace a tool from a bench and have a list on phone so you can scroll until you see the tool you need then hit send or receive or at least have an alarm to sound off if you can't remember where it is.....usually 3 feet from you under a piece of wood.....

i would like it if your phone receives a text if any of your kit gets moved when your not using them like at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

......who knows brand hammer lol,

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Ain't that just it theres the old hickory handle no name trusty hammer you have a place just for it ha

I find so many slick uses for my Bosch laser level, joining two pvc runs together in a corner is super simple with it, not to mention making 45s so much more accurate too.

1a12b3fc2b0e36e8dd587811978ba0c4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ain't that just it theres the old hickory handle no name trusty hammer you have a place just for it ha

I find so many slick uses for my Bosch laser level, joining two pvc runs together in a corner is super simple with it, not to mention making 45s so much more accurate too.

1a12b3fc2b0e36e8dd587811978ba0c4.jpg

The best part is that I found this hammer out on the highway one day coming back into town

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

i seem to use every tool and make a major mess of my workshop every time i do a decent project.

To build and install some cypress picket gates i recently used: mitre saw, 18v circ saw, japan pull saw, lots of clamps, air 15ga nail gun, hammer, straight edge, tape, 18v drill, 18v impact, 18v planer & level.

Used my B&D jigsaw, Dremel mult-max and Ridgid brushless 18V compact hammer drill to cut out a fairly square hole in my bathroom subfloor under the toilet.

Hey yeah hope your copper is in good shape and the project turns out nice.

funny I'm not the smartest guy so it seems I end up using almost all of my tools just to hang a picture, in all seriousness I can't really list the tools I used last project because I have many projects going on at the same time and they can include many of my tools.....I know one thing for sure every project I finish I can think of 3 tools I would want for the next time.....

Haha, though I was the only one, LOL. Don't know how I did it before I got all my tools.

Anyways, there seems like both my Bosch 10,8V brushless drill, and my 6" knipex parallell closing plier somehow always takes a part of any project.

And even though they aren't the main star of any project, they are my real heroes, like a Dark Knight lurking in the background, and the ones I couldn't be without.

:P