Makita 3710 trimmer

Memnoch

Hi everyone. Just purchased a 3710 trimmer, read the instructions twice, yet i managed to Find myself with a stuck bit. Any idea how to get that thing out ? Thanks

If tapping it with a hammer and pulling the bit doesn't work. I've had to take a little grinder an notch a flat place on the bit and take a screw driver or cold chisel and hit it with a hammer in the horizontal notch.

Millerz

Millerz

You need to place bit in vise and hit to collet with hammer or something similar. After few hit it will fall out. And use proper bit for this tool because I think it stuck of bad bit. If you have another two hand you can give pliers for one person to hold bit and then put wrench on assy and hit wrench with hammer to pull bit out. Sorry for my English, but I can`t write better :D 

• Like 2

Hi again. Sorry for not replying. A lot of work. So problem solved. Went to the service shop and they got it out. Next time I will probably try to force it like u said. I was afraid cause it's a new tool and afraid I will brake something. The bit is the right size. Thanks again to all of you for the advice.

• Like 1

Maybe service guy told how it did that? Because I was working in power tools service for 4 years and I love do that with hammer :D

Didn't ask but I'm convinced he used some force. The bit seemed undamaged so I'm grateful for that.

Next time, I'll just use the force myself. It was the first time happening and I thought if it brakes even more why not have someone else to blame it on? :))