My poor Snow Joe Ion21...

JerryNY

Well that was fun. Not quite 24" here, like 21". I have the corded SnowJoe ultra. And it was fine. Took my time and just worked it down. Just did the front side walk and the back of the house. Left the driveway, because half of it had no snow and the other half had over a 3' drift. I'll let the sun do its magic for a couple of days first, unless I can talk the kids into clearing it [emoji57] I'm happy with the purchase. Would have been happy with the battery one too.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm pretty sore. The good thing is it's more a sore like going to the gym and doing weights more than the cardio exhaustion of shoveling that causes heart attacks after these storms. The corded is nice for not worrying about runtime, that is unless the power goes out lol. The cordless is just nice for not having to worry about extension cords but they both have trade offs I guess.

Yeah I'm pretty sore. The good thing is it's more a sore like going to the gym and doing weights more than the cardio exhaustion of shoveling that causes heart attacks after these storms. The corded is nice for not worrying about runtime, that is unless the power goes out lol. The cordless is just nice for not having to worry about extension cords but they both have trade offs I guess.

And of course they come out with the hybrid model that's battery or cord. Yeah you are right about the soreness. My legs are killing me for some reason.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This Troy Bilt 2410 is the best $400 I have spent in a long time. I started at 9 this morning and did my house then headed over to my sons house and did his house. He has been at work since Friday morning and they are saying they are going to cut them lose tonight around 9pm. The last thing you feel like deal wait is this carp after being at work for days,

post-4245-0-29144400-1453671851_thumb.jp

This Troy Bilt 2410 is the best $400 I have spent in a long time. I started at 9 this morning and did my house then headed over to my sons house and did his house. He has been at work since Friday morning and they are saying they are going to cut them lose tonight around 9pm. The last thing you feel like deal wait is this carp after being at work for days,

attachicon.gifIMG_05591.JPG

That's really nice of you. Feel free to come over and do my house anytime you want. The best snow blower of all is one being manned by someone else :P
  • Like 1

We got about 28" on my part of Long Island, I got a Craftsman 24" snow blower as a house warming gift from my family a couple of years ago and it's one of the best tools I own. I have a 100X100' property now and I dont think I could live without it. Me and a couple of neighbors were hitting hard this morning and got everyone plowed out in no time. Even had time for some nice Snow Beers....

That Snow Joe looks like an awesome machine... If I didn't have a gas powered machine I would definitly pick up one of those.

This is kinda interesting reading up on these different snow blowers when I grew up on the farm with a cab tractor driven 7' wide blower and thought nothing of it, no soreness or getting tired lol except from excessive steering wheel turning maybe!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_05591.JPG

Yeah been there, back in 96, we got hit with 30" and I was stuck at work for three days and then had to go home somehow and shovel myself a half a block to my driveway and shovel the driveway. Only to have to be back at work in the am. Glad I don't have to,put up with that anymore.

This is kinda interesting reading up on these different snow blowers when I grew up on the farm with a cab tractor driven 7' wide blower and thought nothing of it, no soreness or getting tired lol except from excessive steering wheel turning maybe!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think it's just that farmers in general are just used to bending the environment to their will. Most people feel the environment bends us to its will ;)

Yeah been there, back in 86, we got hit with 30" and I was stuck at work for three days and then had to go home somehow and shovel myself a half a block to my driveway and shovel the driveway. Only to have to be back at work in the am. Glad I don't have to,put up with that anymore.

I'm glad this storm happened on a weekend. If it was during the week, I would have gotten stuck for a couple of days for sure with work. Then would have to wait for the Long Island Railroad to get back on schedule. I'm glad I have good neighbors that shovel my family out when I'm stuck at work for the overnights...

• Like 1

Says not sold in stores but Ive definitely look at it at HD.

I actually could have sworn I saw one at HD when I was there today. But I guess it could have been an 18.

This price is actually only $10 cheaper than Amazon, so if you live in a state without an Amazon distribution center and don't have to pay taxes it will be cheaper through them.

Yeah the 21" is wider obviously but also has a 600w brushless motor vs. I think 500w for the 18". I think the 21" is worth the extra $ over the 18" for the bigger auger, significantly more powerful motor and included 5Ah battery vs. the 4Ah one in the 18" and longer rated runtime. It's only a couple lbs heavier too so there isn't a big penalty for going bigger and more powerful.

Ion 18:

Battery Voltage — 40 V ~ 4 Ah

Charging Time — 2.5 – 3 hours

No Load Speed — 2,500 rpm

Clearing Width — 18 in. (45.7 cm)

Depth of Snow Cut — 8 in. (20.3 cm)

Throwing Distance (Max) — 20 ft (6 m)

Plowing Capacity (Max) — 495 lbs/min (225 kg/min)

Directional Control — 180º auto-rotate chute

LED Light — 3 watt

Weight (with battery installed) — 31.5 lbs (14.3 kg)

Ion 21":

Battery Voltage*: 40 V D.C.

Battery Capacity :5.0 Ah

Charging Time: 3 – 3.5 hours (for full charge)

Battery Run Time (Max): 65 mins

No Load Speed: 1750 ± 10% rpm

Rotor Steel auger with 2 rubber blades

Motor :Brushless

Clearing Width :21 in. (53 cm)

Depth of Snow Cut: 8 in. (20 cm)

Throw Distance (Max) : 20 ft (6 m)

Plowing Capacity (Max): 660 lbs/min (300 kg/min)

Tire Size: 8 in. (20 cm)

Directional Control: 180º auto-rotate chute

LED Light: 3 watt

Weight (snow blower alone): 33.4 lbs (15.1 kg)

Weight (snow blower with battery installed) : 36 lbs (16.3 kg)