Are You Effected by This.....

comp56

as it turns out the Canadian Gov has gone off the deep end, is this effecting anyone here in the US too?

Canadian government orders residents to get rid of their old wood-burning stoves or pay thousands of dollars in fines

http://www.naturalnews.com/052752_wood-burning_stoves_Agenda_21_Canadian_government.html#

• Like 1

as it turns out the Canadian Gov has gone off the deep end, is this effecting anyone here in the US too? Canadian government orders residents to get rid of their old wood-burning stoves or pay thousands of dollars in fines

http://www.naturalnews.com/052752_wood-burning_stoves_Agenda_21_Canadian_government.html#

The US is definitely headed this way but I think right now it varies by state. I think Cali has some pretty Nazi rules on them. I know that here in Washington when there is an air stagnation advisory you're only allowed to run certified clean burning pellet stoves.

as it turns out the Canadian Gov has gone off the deep end, is this effecting anyone here in the US too? Canadian government orders residents to get rid of their old wood-burning stoves or pay thousands of dollars in fines

Yeah Comp, I recently saw that on one of the other YouTube channels I watch, the guy had to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade his stove so he would not be find, and the fact that he is at war with the local fire chief does not help. Crazy, you would think the Canadian government would grandfather you in on old shovels. But no! No, no!

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ya I guess as each state climbs aboard this crazy idea the more and more it becomes a money grab.....plain and simple....

@jimbo, oh no you'll be able to flush but after installing an electronic flushing device that will be directly connected to the water and sewer department to keep track so they can charge you accordingly.....WTF?

Old wood stoves are horribly inefficient. My old stove didn't hear for crap compared to the new one and it burned a ridiculous amount of wood. I hated having to feed that thing every two hours.

That having been said, outlawing existing stoves is idiotic. What they should do is mandate that all new stoves be high efficiency models. This is like if they said all of a sudden, you couldn't drive your old car anymore because it doesn't get good enough mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

the gov. figures out a way to get money out of you one way or another, when I was in Italy last I was talking with my cousin and he was telling me the better mileage you got with your car the higher the price for your plate was a year....

Old wood stoves are horribly inefficient. My old stove didn't hear for crap compared to the new one and it burned a ridiculous amount of wood. I hated having to feed that thing every two hours.

That having been said, outlawing existing stoves is idiotic. What they should do is mandate that all new stoves be high efficiency models. This is like if they said all of a sudden, you couldn't drive your old car anymore because it doesn't get good enough mileage.

in my racing days back in the 80's and 90's we got a lot of racing parts from the south and many were stamped NOT FOR USE in California and that was 20 -30 years ago I can see them do it....

don't laugh at that, it be coming to that sooner then you think.

I guess Canada has placed an embargo on wood. Times have changed, our children are getting worse, all they want to do, is fight, fart, and curse. Should we blame the governement, or blame society? NO! Blame Canada, Blame Canada! LOL :D

as crazy as it is Canada is only following suite, there are states that have put this in place already....

Well thats just stupid.  I hate how involved in peoples lives the gov is getting. Wanna save the earth?  Go help Beijing where the visibility is like a mile if your lucky.

maybe they have a lot of wood stoves....just kidding....

Wow. That is crazy. What happens if Canada has a forest fire? Are they going to fine to forest too? Buring wood has to be better than any oil supplying from digging it to burning it. And anything is better than using electricity. Are the Canadians going to revolte against this?

Millerz

Wow. That is crazy. What happens if Canada has a forest fire? Are they going to fine to forest too? Buring wood has to be better than any oil supplying from digging it to burning it. And anything is better than using electricity. Are the Canadians going to revolte against this?

Millerz

thing is the only reason I posted this is that Canada is following suite, they started this in the USA so it's not just Canada's gov. The oil industry is a powerful thing, remember back in the early 90's when electric cars first started coming out they put a stop to it real quick. Now that they can't seem to stop it they attack something else so we will rely on oil again.....