Awesome Technology

Justin Hernandez

Wow Justin that is cool tech. What a smart idea!

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It really is, I hope to see a TIA review on this one day :)

Ooh I want one. Then I'm going to want six. That's a whole lot cheaper than six Nest Protects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nest is for the birds  ;D Did you see what I did there..lol

I have 2 nest protects but that is a really cool option it also saves a bunch of cash too :)

I'm not a fan of Nest products there a little over priced. I don't know what code is in your area but we need a smoke detector in each bedroom and hallways connected to the bedroom plus they must all be interconnected. So for a four bedroom house six smoke detectors are required, only a crazy person would buy that many nest detectors. I have never personally installed one so I can't hate them to much..lol  

I'm not a fan of Nest products there a little over priced. I don't know what code is in your area but we need a smoke detector in each bedroom and hallways connected to the bedroom plus they must all be interconnected. So for a four bedroom house six smoke detectors are required, only a crazy person would buy that many nest detectors. I have never personally installed one so I can't hate them to much..lol

That's fine for new construction, but without using some sort of wireless tech, it's really difficult and expensive to retrofit this sort of thing into an old house.

That's fine for new construction, but without using some sort of wireless tech, it's really difficult and expensive to retrofit this sort of thing into an old house.

That's not true, I do it all the time I just did a job on Friday installing 5 new smoke detectors in an old home. Anytime an electrical inspection is done here and theres no smoke detectors or GFCI's in the kitchen and bath I fail inspection. The smoke detectors can be installed with in 1.5 to 2 hours, I will try to do a little post later on showing the process.

I have these in my house, they connect together wirelessly. I paid a pretty penny for them tho

http://www.homefrontalarms.com

Never seen these before, how much does one set you back?