Hat's off to the Electricains

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day Crew!

Well, woke about 10am, had my morning beverage to prepare for a couple of hours replacing light switches and outlets.  I figured, yeah,an hour or two and I will have this task completed. Well, 5 hours later, 2 trips to the hardware store, I finally accomplished todays mission. What the heck is the trick to stuffing the wires in the box? Well. at least the ol' lady is happy, I only cussed a few times, and only one jolt of electricity, but it all looks great!

-Steven

• Like 1

ya I don;t care for electric stuff either, but I do know to shut it all down at the breaker

Ya, the breakers where off, so I thought. The one that gave me a zap was the garbage disposal switch. It was my bad for not checking that one isolated switch. I should've known better to check every connection, lesson learned.

Ya, the breakers where off, so I thought. The one that gave me a zap was the garbage disposal switch. It was my bad for not checking that one isolated switch. I should've known better to check every connection, lesson learned.

and that is why I don't like electrical, when I worked in any shut down we locked out the whole area with locks on the panel.......nothing was powered no mistakes......

Good Day Crew!

Well, woke about 10am, had my morning beverage to prepare for a couple of hours replacing light switches and outlets. I figured, yeah,an hour or two and I will have this task completed. Well, 5 hours later, 2 trips to the hardware store, I finally accomplished todays mission. What the heck is the trick to stuffing the wires in the box? Well. at least the ol' lady is happy, I only cussed a few times, and only one jolt of electricity, but it all looks great!

-Steven

I hate when you plan on something taking just a couple hours. Then run into a mess and be there all day and the next. Lol it never fails.

Millerz

I hate when you plan on something taking just a couple hours. Then run into a mess and be there all day and the next. Lol it never fails.

Millerz

My favorite is when you start a project that you're SURE you have all the parts for and end up having to make three trips to the store to buy parts that you never expected to have to replace and tools that you didn't know you'd ever need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My favorite is when you start a project that you're SURE you have all the parts for and end up having to make three trips to the store to buy parts that you never expected to have to replace and tools that you didn't know you'd ever need.

Yea those are always fun too. I've got to where I keep every tool I can fit in my truck. And it never fails you still need a tool that doesn't fit in your truck for a every day carry tool.

Millerz

Yea those are always fun too. I've got to where I keep every tool I can fit in my truck. And it never fails you still need a tool that doesn't fit in your truck for a every day carry tool.

Millerz

hmm now I know why my wife has 7 full sized suit cases for a weekend get away......there just might be a shirt she needs that she hasn't worn in 2 years.

but you have to admit, when your in the middle of a 5 minute job and something comes up that puts a guybash on it and your like one sec....and come back with the tool that does the trick.......and then your all proud like a boy scout...lol

• Like 1

This is why I tend to over buy what i need and return the extra materials later. Stopping in the middle of a project is the worst.

I agree but some time a break is a good thing too.......especially if it's been a long day

Some breakers are so odd especially when someone hacks something on and you don't catch it.

Jimbo

In my case, there are 2 switches right next to each other, one is for the garbage disposal and one is for the light.  I only checked one of the switches, when I should have checked them both, lesson learned.