Do You Own ALL Your Tools Still?

comp56

Id say at least 75%,some things have been stolen,misplaced,what have you. As far as my stuff for work like my micrometers and such i still have 100% of those items,good measuring tools last forever if you take care of them.

Often times when i upgrade tools if its not something I need at home for a backup or something I give it to the younger folks in the shop starting out, or my kids.  In the shop i dont give stuff to just anybody,only after they demonstrate they can take care of things ie dont be abusive to tools :)

i'm constantly selling tools to fund upgrades/changes. I've only been collecting a tool stash for about 5-6 years, and have probably bought and sold as many (power) tools as I currently have. Hand tools I tend to hold on to...

• Like 1

i'm constantly selling tools to fund upgrades/changes. I've only been collecting a tool stash for about 5-6 years, and have probably bought and sold as many (power) tools as I currently have. Hand tools I tend to hold on to...

Yea, I flipped from Ryobi to mostly Milwaukee now. Still get tools that I don't end up keeping. Mostly hand tools I end up keeping long term.

I have every single tool I've ever owned with the exception of a handful of tape measures and a couple that were stolen. It helps that I'm on my first set of tools ever.

I'm with you. Being that I've just recently started building my collection I need to hold onto all I've got!

tools are almost like children, once their yours there yours for good.....and I can proof it......

you bought a new tool or upgraded a tool so you give a buddy your old tool, another buddy says hey isn't this comp's drill? ya he gave it to me......so it's not your buddy's new tool it will always be your old one....lol

• Like 3

I've been viewing this on tapatalk app this whole time up until right now, didn't realize there was a poll. I was thinking the number was close to 90% or so, then I got thinking, I sold a SnapOn box, had stuff stolen on job sites, broken and thrown out, I really forgot all about those different things coming into play.

@99_XC600 stop looking for them, you will then start finding things lol seems to be how it goes

• Like 1