Chemical sprayers

Mondo1310

It's that time of year to spray in and outside of the casa with Cy-Kick insecticide. But having trouble finding a decent sprayer that I'll use few times a year. I bought one at my local HD and I was disappointed when I used it 1st with water. It leaked water from the wand no matter how tight or loose it was, also leaked air from the pump. The made in USA was the main reason on buying this one. I need the crews help on buying another that will last more that 2yrs.  

8 minutes ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

What price range? How much liquid does it need to hold? manual pump, or one that you connect to a garden hose? B&G make some great sprayers, but they are pricey. I never had luck with the low end Chapin models, but I know their $80+ model is decent.

About gallon size is perfect. $20-$50 range would be ideal. 

11 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

The Sprayer that Logan recommended is perfect if all your going to do is some spot spraying. However, if you are planning to spray a lot of weeds, you might want to look towards a quality contractors 2-gallon sprayer.

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-190216-2-Gallon-Contractor-Sprayer/dp/B002YNSAGM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456523548&sr=8-2&keywords=2+gallon+chemical+sprayer

And if you have a huge property and you got to do tons of spraying, this is what you want to be looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-61900-4-Gallon-Commercial-Stainless/dp/B001FA09S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456523755&sr=8-1&keywords=backpack+chemical+sprayer&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011

Again, it really all comes down to how much spraying your going to do. But I would highly recommend going with commercial/contractors models. Consumer technology today is not what it used to be, I've learned this the hard way. Go commercial, or hate yourself for buying a POS.

Ok will definitely look into those thanks protool. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had this sprayer for 5 years. It sprays ANYTHING. thick, thin, acid, stains, chemicals. Anything you need.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/mobile_product_info.php?products_id=706&utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%28roi%29+pla+-+shopping&utm_content=chapin

I paid quite a bit more 5 years ago though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

I've had this sprayer for 5 years. It sprays ANYTHING. thick, thin, acid, stains, chemicals. Anything you need.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/mobile_product_info.php?products_id=706&utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%28roi%29+pla+-+shopping&utm_content=chapin

I paid quite a bit more 5 years ago though.

That size is a bit over kill for me. I saw they sell a 2 gallon version I'm interested it. Thanks for the suggestion 

At work we use the one listed below. All we spray from it is a degreaser. I have no idea what they cost but there pretty tough. Highly recommend them from a user standpoint. 

http://www.smithperformancesprayers.com/industrial-and-contractor/s103e.php

Also i would recommend not to go with the ones at Home Depot under the round up brand. We had one last year an it was horrible. It was a cheap to purchase but we got what we paid for. Leaked leaked an leaked even more. 

• Like 1

At work we use the one listed below. All we spray from it is a degreaser. I have no idea what they cost but there pretty tough. Highly recommend them from a user standpoint. 

http://www.smithperformancesprayers.com/industrial-and-contractor/s103e.php

Also i would recommend not to go with the ones at Home Depot under the round up brand. We had one last year an it was horrible. It was a cheap to purchase but we got what we paid for. Leaked leaked an leaked even more. 

That's a sharp looking sprayer. Very pricey. But I'm sure it's worth every penny if you use it a lot.

• Like 1

On March 27, 2016 at 3:52 PM, RickyMcGrath said:

That's a sharp looking sprayer. Very pricey. But I'm sure it's worth every penny if you use it a lot.

I just looked it up an Home Depot sells it for 195. That's pretty pricy for a sprayer. Like you said thoe if you use it a lot it's worth it. 

• Like 1

We have always good luck with Solo brand sprayers. We generally use them on the farm for smaller spot work around fence lines or small areas in the fields that are silly to start up the big sprayer for. We mainly use the backpack sprayers so I'm not sure on the smaller size you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On March 31, 2016 at 6:17 PM, kruton said:

We have always good luck with Solo brand sprayers. We generally use them on the farm for smaller spot work around fence lines or small areas in the fields that are silly to start up the big sprayer for. We mainly use the backpack sprayers so I'm not sure on the smaller size you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I use the echo or solo sprayers as well. They're reliable and easy to maintain. Plus part kits are available at a fair price if a gasket goes and you have to stop a leak.

• Like 1