M18 Fuel combos

noops

Yeah, what dwain said, what do you mean by all three?

I'd say forget the upgrade, unless your situation dictates getting another drill. I've used both generation fuel, and they're both perfectly capable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Oh. Mybad.

More the impact, drill/driver combo. 3 being the 3 generations, Fuel, Fuel 2.0, and Fuel One Key.

I my line of reasoning is that I can probably upgrade my first gen to second gen for less than the price of the 5.0 batteries. I broke my chuck screw last week so I need to get that fixed but otherwise I've never had any problems. I'd kind of like to get the Gen 2 and a Hole Hawg but then I'm not sure how much action the Drill/driver would see.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I quite enjoy the gen 2 stuff. I would technically call both the One-Key and No-Key gen 2. At the end of the day, design and power wise they are the same, One Key just has more finesse options. I have the No-Key hammer drill and impact and I'm happy with them. If you can sell your current gear for enough individually but if you aren't in the market for new gear I wouldn't upgrade.

both tools are to new at this point to worry about upgrading, other than having cleaner tools you will not get enough benefit for the cost of the whole transaction.

• Like 1

I agree, as going forward in technology is usually a good thing but a wheel is a wheel. if you add more spokes it is still a wheel.....The good thing is my first gen Fuel impact still drives screws into wood the same as when it was new, where as Apple would have it so the old one couldn't do it any longer.....

well maybe with the introduction of one-key it may very well go that route. seeings the one-key is talking to the tools via bluetooth, what would it take to send updates down the pipe to connected one-key users.....I see it now......the year 2019

beep beep  oh a notification from Milwaukee on my phone......." Welcome Milwaukee Customer, there are new updates available for your Milwaukee products Please press OK to continue.....a minute later..........your updates are now complete...............hey wait a minute my Impact gun don't work now?.......get on phone with Milwaukee,...

ME: I just upgraded the Milwaukee software and now my Impact isn't working?.....

MILWAUKEE: what model number is it?

ME: the 2855

MILWAUKEE: yes unfortunately the 2855 is no longer compatible with the new software please upgrade to the new 2914 thank you for calling Milwaukee.....Have a nice day!

• Like 2

Do the new 5.0 kits come with the new Rapid Charger? I see it online but I don't see it listed anywhere in Canada. I'm just starting to see the Fuel 2's more readily in stores. No one keys aside from online too.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I use the 2604 and 2704 fairly regularly at work and home. Not much of a difference when going for normal drilling. Only thing really noticeable is the slimmer handle on the 2704, which seems to fit a little more comfortably in my hand, although neither one gets a second thought once I start using them. I expect them to do the work and they do, I'd reach for either without bias. 

With 5ah batteries fast chargers aren't really needed IMO it would be hard to use a full battery in a day unless you're driving lags all day. The faster chargers charge a 5ah battery in about 30 mins I believe. 

And I think that compares to, what, 90 minutes on regular charger?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jim86 said:

With 5ah batteries fast chargers aren't really needed IMO it would be hard to use a full battery in a day unless you're driving lags all day. The faster chargers charge a 5ah battery in about 30 mins I believe. 

You're thinking only about drills and similar. Regular use of a grinder / recip / SDS / circ saw could use a 5ah up several times a day...

Most fast chargers will do a 5ah in 45-55 mins (the new Hitach would be about 30 mins). 

• Like 1