"Do not buy" thread

BMack37

24 minutes ago, jtieman said:

Don't buy this... It's broken LMAO.

Sorry, couldn't help myself - I cracked up when I saw this at Lowes... I immediately thought 'oh it's Lowe's - someone must've returned it'

haha, that's the kind of stuff you find at Lowe's:

ML50ZOf.jpg

• Like 4

Oh man, that is great.

I forgot to mention, I was looking at some of those inexpensive AWP work shoes... So I open the closest size to mine, and what do you know - it's a beat up pair of USED shoes. What is wrong with those guys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I didn't buy this because it was free with purchase, but be warned. The Pittsburgh quickfind tape measure is not accurate, it's off by about an 1/8": http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/measuring-tools/25-ft-x-1-in-quikfind-tape-measure-with-abs-casing-69030.html

Don't worry, those break so quickly they can't mess up many measurements...

...especially if you throw it at a wall after you realize all your measurements are off.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Don't worry, those break so quickly they can't mess up many measurements...

...especially if you throw it at a wall after you realize all your measurements are off.

I bet you that ours lasts 10+ years. I got it for the shop, basically all we measure with it is packages and a few misc things here and there...soo the inaccuracy doesn't matter to us where it is but at home it's a no go. I'll stick with my Stanley Fat Max and LeverLocks.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't a tool but its definitely a DON'T BUY. Swiss DCU Truck Cap DCU is suppose to be Deluxe Commercial Unit but there is nothing deluxe or commercial about it. I bought it on a Wednesday and by Thursday after first rain back window is leaking. Then driver side door starts popping in and out of hinge and by the next rain the passenger side door is leaking. Took video of all the problems and Swiss admitted it should have never passed inspection and all they could do for me was fix it if i came to Indiana at 6am when they open where there shop is. Which would be great if it wasn't a 4hr drive and a day wasted in work and fuel. So i demanded my money back and after a long time fighting I got my money back but the time wasted on the phone and the inconvenience it was still a big loss. I know there are contractors on this forum so i wanted to let you know NEVER buy a Swiss contractor cap if you want good quality, a company that will stand behind their product, or care about their customers.  

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:15 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Another thing is the quick out screw remover system, total garbage... All it does is strip the screw out more

This brand the speed out...

1712944b995878f979aa35f1434146af.jpg

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya mine works like 50% of the time.. it is nice for that 50% tho lol

On 4/2/2016 at 8:31 PM, BMack37 said:

I didn't buy this because it was free with purchase, but be warned. The Pittsburgh quickfind tape measure is not accurate, it's off by about an 1/8": http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/measuring-tools/25-ft-x-1-in-quikfind-tape-measure-with-abs-casing-69030.html

I stocked up on those POS when I was replacing the roof on the garage. If they rolled off and smashed against the driveway I really didn't care.:)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, iancmedina said:

The Dewalt Ratcheting Screwdriver's bit storage is terrible.

Nice review. I definitely would recommend the Wera over that, it's more expensive I'm sure, but it has all the good with none of the drawbacks.

• 4 months later...
On 3/20/2016 at 10:15 AM, JimboS1ice said:

Another thing is the quick out screw remover system, total garbage... All it does is strip the screw out more

This brand the speed out...

1712944b995878f979aa35f1434146af.jpg

Jimbo

I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd resurrect this.

Normally I just hammer a torx bit in and that works fine, but the other day at work there was a set of these lying around so I figured it couldn't hurt to try.  The extractor end just drilled in and reamed out the hole more.  Absolute POS. I can't believe some spare torx bits are better than the purpose built thing.  I just hope torx plus doesn't catch on because it doesn't catch in stuck fasteners as well.

• Like 2

I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd resurrect this.

Normally I just hammer a torx bit in and that works fine, but the other day at work there was a set of these lying around so I figured it couldn't hurt to try.  The extractor end just drilled in and reamed out the hole more.  Absolute POS. I can't believe some spare torx bits are better than the purpose built thing.  I just hope torx plus doesn't catch on because it doesn't catch in stuck fasteners as well.

Yea dude same thing just stripped it more total scam, the Irwin flutes work nice

I normally don't even get to use the special bits the left handed drill bits work really well. BUT I use the Engineer pliers first if there's a head to grab, those work every time and it's fast and easy.

Yes pretty much same here

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Forgot about vampliers. I use the grabit ones from Lowe's and the only time they have an issue is when they snap if it is too seized. I've taken countless fasteners out of tapered sleeves for pulleys.

I have the Craftsman branded grabit set, it's the only type of those that have worked. I've got it to work once.

• Like 2