Compressor Update...

taylorv1

4574b62613e697fb6894219c2d0ac5f8.jpg

Hi Everyone, so I recieved my air regulator for my compressor today. I started to try and take it off, but one of the nuts connecting the air line to the regulator is stripped. It won't turn at all. So my solution is to buy a new air compressor. Any recomendations. I want to stay around 3-6 gallon. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, taylorv1 said:

unfortunately my HD doesn't have this model. :(

I found it on Amazon for $230.00, only 1 left in stock

If you checked online, it won't show in stock. You have to check on the "Price check" app in-store. Also check CL, honestly I was happy at $100(I was able to get a price adjustment to $45) and maybe you can find some still in box at around $100. I believe retail was $250 for the Husky, $260 for the California Air Tools version(CAT is the OEM for the Husky SilentFlows). 

I believe there is a 20-gallon on clearance too but I imagine that's much larger than you want. I HIGHLY recommend checking CL, there were Dewalt pancake compressors on deep discount so maybe you get a good deal on one of those.

Last recommendation, HF and their coupons. If you look for reviews online, shockingly HF gets fantastic reviews for their compressors. Someone figured out the OEM for their compressors and it was a known brand(that escapes my memory) with high ratings also...keep in mind these aren't going to be "How do they make them at this price" deals, they do charge more for most of their quality items(Another example; their toolboxes). I don't think any of their air tools are recommended.

what bmack said. cant check online. go in store. Cant always trust the in price check app in the store either though. 

I have the 20gal that is on clearance as well and like it a lot. I bought this one to do my trim in the house when i get around to it. 

what bmack said. cant check online. go in store. Cant always trust the in price check app in the store either though. 

I have the 20gal that is on clearance as well and like it a lot. I bought this one to do my trim in the house when i get around to it. 

I am now looking at either a Dewalt or Porter Cable Pancake Air Compressor...

nothing wrong with those but if you have some hds in your area it would be worth your time to look 

I do. I was in there earlier today, but they didn't have the Husky Silent Flow. I'm going to double check on the dewalt and porter cable one tomorrow though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james mims said:

the hf near me as compressors but they are only like 20 less the the name brand tho. isn't the pc or dewalt pancake better for the lil extra? I'm surprised nobody else likes the 8 gallon on wheels I just like not havin to carry it everywere I go.

I have to verify specs but I would probably go with HF, they are very good quality and comparable specs. Keep in mind that the HF coupons can really bring down the price.

This is the only active coupon that is on a decent spec compressor: HF 21 gallon air compressor, Dewalt's 15 gallon is $389:

5_ITEM_2.5_HP__21_GALLON_125_PSI_VERTICA

Don't know if I would buy either of those, I'd prefer an aluminum tank personally. Once again, you'd need to do further research on the models because I haven't done thorough research...it's tough on compressors because you have low ratings from people that expect a little compressor to do what a gas powered shop compressor does. You also don't know if their problems are with fittings, tools or hoses, a lot of people out there that don't know what they're doing.

• Like 1

I have to verify specs but I would probably go with HF, they are very good quality and comparable specs. Keep in mind that the HF coupons can really bring down the price.

This is the only active coupon that is on a decent spec compressor: HF 21 gallon air compressor, Dewalt's 15 gallon is $389:

5_ITEM_2.5_HP__21_GALLON_125_PSI_VERTICAL_AIR_COMPRESSOR_1460036715.2028.JPG

Don't know if I would buy either of those, I'd prefer an aluminum tank personally. Once again, you'd need to do further research on the models because I haven't done thorough research...it's tough on compressors because you have low ratings from people that expect a little compressor to do what a gas powered shop compressor does. You also don't know if their problems are with fittings, tools or hoses, a lot of people out there that don't know what they're doing.

I think this is like the one@protoolnut has... Somewhere he has a great write up for when you first buy these to keep them mint.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, james mims said:

o I was looking at the small ones like he had 21 gallon is pretty big.. the pancake was like 100 tho.. that is a good deal for that beast tho forsure

I tried but there wasn't any coupons on any of the good smaller compressors. :( It's a waiting game, coupons pop up all the time.

• Like 1

ya I was looking also lol, ic that the pc pancake is on sale at hd for 129 and the huskey 8 gal on wheels is also 129. hf has on also but that's 100 bucks. so ya guess if u get a good coupon would help.. I almost got that pc combo at hd has the three air guns and compressor for 200 that always looks nice

• Like 1

The husky 20 gal is on clearance and should be around the $110 price if you can find it. HD also is clearancing out 20 or 30 gal oil compressors for nearly the same price. Again it is all in the hunt and nothing online. All in stores. 

I have the Husky 20 gal and am more than happy with it. Not to big with plenty of power for my needs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

The husky 20 gal is on clearance and should be around the $110 price if you can find it. HD also is clearancing out 20 or 30 gal oil compressors for nearly the same price. Again it is all in the hunt and nothing online. All in stores. 

I have the Husky 20 gal and am more than happy with it. Not to big with plenty of power for my needs. 

I've been trying to find one of those with no luck. I've found several of the new, non-clearanced ones in top stock :(

I've been trying to find one of those with no luck. I've found several of the new, non-clearanced ones in top stock [emoji20]

I bought mine a few years ago black Friday pricing of $150 so I'm not upset at the clearance price. I haven't hit up HD in more than a week so I'm sure what was there is now gone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk