new Dewalt cordless tools around the corner, Cable Cutter (DCE150) U-Type Died Crimper (DCE300) Dieless Crimper (DCE350) Press Tool (DCE200) Threaded Rod Cutter (DCS350)

midogrumpy

Hi guys

just saw a post on the web on toolguyd.com

not sure on copyright issuse, looks like a public post

all credit to toolguyd.com

pictures for info purpose

also great pictures posted by Stuart

boy.... another couple of sleepless nites

did you see the awesome new dewalt cordless tools !

• Cable Cutter (DCE150)
  • U-Type Died Crimper (DCE300)
  • Dieless Crimper (DCE350)
  • Press Tool (DCE200)
  • Threaded Rod Cutter (DCS350)

more details to follow

Dewalt DCE300 U-Type Died Crimper

Dewalt DCE350 Dieless Crimper

Dewalt DCE200 Cordless Press Tool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Well I saw it on toolsinaction.com website, you familiar with it?

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2016/04/dewalt-gets-focused-trades-dce200-dce300-dce350-dce150-dcs350/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just saw this myself on the website, stuff looks kind of bulky doesn't it? Like they took a big drill and just slapped some different heads on it?

• Like 1

Looks to me that they can sell the body as the tool, then the heads / attachments as add ons, one tool.... Many applications....

but, what do I know ... I'm just an Old Telephone Man .....

(yeah, there is still a few of us left)

• Like 1

Just saw this myself on the website, stuff looks kind of bulky doesn't it? Like they took a big drill and just slapped some different heads on it?

That's how our Ridgid press tool is. Milwaukee has the right approach i think, making the tool long and narrow.

I could put that threaded rod cutter to a lot of use, I saw that on YouTube last year

That's how our Ridgid press tool is. Milwaukee has the right approach i think, making the tool long and narrow.

I could put that threaded rod cutter to a lot of use, I saw that on YouTube last year

Must just be it looks ugly in yellow lol

• Like 1

While cool, this is highly trade specific tools, nothing for the DIY guy or small renovation contractor. I'm glad they're expanding the line but why the focus is on this and not updating the legacy tools that EVERYBODY wants and needs first and foremost is a completely and total mistake IMO. As long as it takes already and now they're spreading themselves even thinner still. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

While cool, this is highly trade specific tools, nothing for the DIY guy or small renovation contractor. I'm glad they're expanding the line but why the focus is on this and not updating the legacy tools that EVERYBODY wants and needs first and foremost is a completely and total mistake IMO. As long as it takes already and now they're spreading themselves even thinner still. 

I know people want to see some brushless saws from Dewalt, but I'm trying to think what tools haven't been moved over from the old 18v line. The finish nailer was the last one I thought.

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

I know people want to see some brushless saws from Dewalt, but I'm trying to think what tools haven't been moved over from the old 18v line. The finish nailer was the last one I thought.

not moved over yet:

• track saw
  • adheisive gun
  • joiner (although this only had the oval form) DW932
  • led incl. power outlet DC022 / somewhat replaced with DCL061
  •  

cheers

I didn't even know Dewalt had a cordless biscuit joiner. That must have been only on sale for a short time and super rate to find even used now. The adhesive/caulk gun is surprising they haven't pumped out one yet though. Cordless guns have become more popular in recent years.

2 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I don't understand why they're advertising this as four tools instead of one tool with four heads.  At least I hope the heads are interchangeable because no electrician is going to carry around more than one of those tools when other brands give then even more functions in one tool.

Hard to make as much money not selling kits with each individual tool. Odds are as separate tools, you'll buy more batteries and chargers. 

As for what's missing I'm more referring to tools that have yet to be updated ON the 20v line to the brushless motors and updated features. The Brad Nailer, Angle Grinder, and Hand Saw in brushless each will outsell all 4 of those tools in the article combined and then some. It's hard enough to believe they're the ones left behind more less that they've placed focus on obscure items instead of their bread and butter. How can R&D leapfrog development and production over a tool that already exists and just needs a motor swapped or a light added? It boggles the mind. 

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hard to make as much money not selling kits with each individual tool. Odds are as separate tools, you'll buy more batteries and chargers. 

As for what's missing I'm more referring to tools that have yet to be updated ON the 20v line to the brushless motors and updated features. The Brad Nailer, Angle Grinder, and Hand Saw in brushless each will outsell all 4 of those tools in the article combined and then some. It's hard enough to believe they're the ones left behind more less that they've placed focus on obscure items instead of their bread and butter. How can R&D leapfrog development and production over a tool that already exists and just needs a motor swapped or a light added? It boggles the mind. 

True, but you make less money if no one buys them, and I know guys who've switched from Dewalt or Milwaukee to Makita because they got an aftermarket crimp gun that used makita batteries, and ended up getting tools too when they needed more batteries.

That's pretty true about their line being behind in brushless, but I'm sure there's a marketing reason behind that too.

I'd wager to bet that Dewalt (and everyone else except maybe Metabo and Festool) makes next to nothing on cordless tools. I'd imagine that where they kill it is accessories, and batteries. The guy that has a few tools and a few batteries isn't what they're most hopeful to cater too. It's the volume that creates the proffits. The people who would buy these specific trade tools likely have many others on the same line in large scale industrial settings. The guy that buys these might buy 10-20 batteries in a single purchase, then add chargers, future accessories and repairs, new batteries...

It's a lot like the Printer market now. You can buy a great printer for peanuts, and then they take a leg and dick for replacement print cartridges, but you've bought in and it's too late to go back now. Same principle. 

• Like 1

It's about time Dewalt came out with a pipe press. We use the Milwaukee and the ridgid on a daily basis and they both are great. It's good to see Dewalt stepping up for the professionals. I hope it will be able to do gas pipe and stainless steel piping along with regular  copper pipe, a bonus would be to be able to crimp HVAC copper and aluminum pipeing. This is now on my must have list.

I'd wager to bet that Dewalt (and everyone else except maybe Metabo and Festool) makes next to nothing on cordless tools. I'd imagine that where they kill it is accessories, and batteries. The guy that has a few tools and a few batteries isn't what they're most hopeful to cater too. It's the volume that creates the proffits. The people who would buy these specific trade tools likely have many others on the same line in large scale industrial settings. The guy that buys these might buy 10-20 batteries in a single purchase, then add chargers, future accessories and repairs, new batteries...

It's a lot like the Printer market now. You can buy a great printer for peanuts, and then they take a leg and dick for replacement print cartridges, but you've bought in and it's too late to go back now. Same principle. 

Leg and a dick? I'm going to have to use that quote if you don't mind that's a good one. It is the consumables where the higher margins are than the tools themselves. Selling a bag for 25 dollars that cost them 3 dollars in materials is a bigger margin than a 129 dollar baretool that costs them 75 bucks to make.

With these companies it's about the profit margin and the tonage of the product they can sell.

• Like 1