2018 Dewalt event?

Rtorres092382

my best guess is summer but I wouldn't throw out July and August just yet. Last year The tough in the south event was in August and there was no June event. 2 years ago the event was in June. I'm sure everyone has a list of things they want to see at it but I wonder what can realistically expect at the event.

My guess at least one new battery nailer, at least one or two other 20v tools, and at least one or two flexvolt tools. Maybe they will have a couple tools that they just pulled out of nowhere that no one was expecting.

Cordless Dust Extractor 120v Flexvolt With Dual Input Hoses.
2 Filter Auto-Clean. Nice Casters. ToughSystem Compatable. Bluetooth Start with a button you can put on your tool belt .

I wish
If they were smart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's a great option but I would also like to see them make the dust extractor communicate with the tool connect tag and other bluetooth tools for automatic start. That would pobably attract more users to their tool connect thing.

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattias Blomqvist said:

That's a great option but I would also like to see them make the dust extractor communicate with the tool connect tag and other bluetooth tools for automatic start. That would pobably attract more users to their tool connect thing.

Dewalt just released 3 new Dust Extractor, rather must say 3x Shop Vac; wet -n- dry

no "technology" 

all CORDED

no cordless option

no bluetooth option

it is what it is

anyway, the release was a surprise

Dewalt just released 3 new Dust Extractor, rather must say 3x Shop Vac; wet -n- dry
no "technology" 
all CORDED
no cordless option
no bluetooth option

it is what it is

anyway, the release was a surprise
Yeah I saw that but as stated in the post, they looks more like a high end homeowner/diy line of extractors. There is certainly a demand for those too but not for a guy like me [emoji16]

If the new "shopvac" style vacs have decent power and a good seal they may not be a bad idea for a general purpose vac for the average jobsite. I find certain other brands don't have the best seals and will blow out dust when they first turn on.

• 4 weeks later...

I expect tons of new stuff this time. They haven't released anything new since  the concrete saw back in january. Last fall was pretty quiet too. Last year, we were getting around two new tools per month. Hopefully  the 12v rumor iys true this time :-)

I hope you’re right lol. My impatience doesn’t want to wait the extra 60 days. 
My sources have stated there will be no DeWalt event this year, just rolling releases through the year. They are done trying to show up on par with Milwaukee NPS.

We will see if I get any information from my media contact.

26 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

My sources have stated there will be no DeWalt event this year, just rolling releases through the year. They are done trying to show up on par with Milwaukee NPS.

We will see if I get any information from my media contact.

Daaaaaang I love when they have a big blitz of cool stuff. They totally destroyed NPS the year they revealed FlexVolt. And got a pile of money out of me for it. I like to see the future projections of a system rather than bits and pieces and crossing my fingers. Makita baaaarely got money out of me and they had to wait 5 years longer for it than red and yellow did because I wasn’t hyped enough lol. 

• Like 1

Daaaaaang I love when they have a big blitz of cool stuff. They totally destroyed NPS the year they revealed FlexVolt. And got a pile of money out of me for it. I like to see the future projections of a system rather than bits and pieces and crossing my fingers. Makita baaaarely got money out of me and they had to wait 5 years longer for it than red and yellow did because I wasn’t hyped enough lol. 
I agree. Milwaukee is an excellent marketing machine. DeWalt is very old school, spends more advertising on Nascar and rodeos.

6 hours ago, Pouet said:

I expect tons of new stuff this time. They haven't released anything new since  the concrete saw back in january. Last fall was pretty quiet too. Last year, we were getting around two new tools per month. Hopefully  the 12v rumor iys true this time :-)

They also unveiled a bigger flexvolt rotary hammer. Not sure if it is out yet.

20 minutes ago, dilloncorr said:

So I just bought two power stations for work. You’re welcome, that pretty much guarantees a power station2.0 will be released soon!

Powerstation 2.0 has been whispered about for a while lol I’ve been waiting for it. I’m not sure if the rumours actually just materialized into the ToughSystem compatible fast charger (with no power station capability).