new for 2011

DeWalt50

Yeah, I read they discontinued the 28v line. I still don't get why they put the cordless tracksaw in that line.

a 36v tracksaw would make more sense then.

Anyway, hope to see some updated tools in the 36v line. Maybe some additions... wouldn't mind an impact driver. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I read they discontinued the 28v line. I still don't get why they put the cordless tracksaw in that line.

a 36v tracksaw would make more sense then.

Anyway, hope to see some updated tools in the 36v line. Maybe some additions... wouldn't mind an impact driver. 

i'm with you.  maybe also see a radio/charger, vaccum, planer, small miter saw even  ::)

• 2 months later...

Ok, I'll throw in another since I am close to getting a DW718 miter saw :)

Is this on the update list or not? In other words, if I buy this now, will I kick myself for not waiting x months for a new version with updated features and whatnot. I have no clue how long the 718 is around already. Doesn't seem too old.

The DW708 was launched in 1998. It received upgrades/changes along the way up until 2002. In 2005 the DW718 was launched, and has received some changes as well.

I believe Home Depot, and Lowes have a Promotion going on right now.... Buy the DW718 and get the stand for free!

If you jump on that promotion, I would suggest getting the newer stand. Don't let them sell you the older model :) Get the DWX723, not the DW723.

The DW708/718 have been the benchmark product that others have built upon. I don't foresee any changes in the near future, however I could be wrong because I am not privileged to that kind of information.

Oh, that's the kind of info I'm interested in. Thanks for sharing.

Since it's quite an investment, approx. $1500 (around 1000 euro) it's worth waiting a while.

Here in the Netherlands they currently have a promotion going on as well for a DW718 XPS with the stand for about 50% of retail price. That's the older stand however. The new ones have yet to be launched in about a month.

Looking forward to any pictures :)

Archived