new for 2011

DeWalt50

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi

20V max is the same as 18XR

in the USA this description "max" is preffered;

(not sure if the new series will also be called 20V max)

same like in 10,8V

in Europe ethey are called 10,8V, while in USA they are 12V max (nominal 10,8V)

but they are identical; just a matter of market view and competition products

hi

nice !!

so are there more pictures ?

any other tools to com along with these ?

I'm no insider so I don't know much. These are the only pictures I have which shows some of the new tools.

Yeah, there's more to come. Cordless hamerdrill, angled screwdriver. I guess further down the road also a jigsaw and whatnot.

It will replace the current 18v line, so you kinda know what to expect.

Hi

just of interest;

who did you get the "go from " to publish

Dewalt USA

Dewalt UK / Dewalt Marketing ???

when do you expect flyers/ brochures; a bit more marketing material and of course PRICES ???

thx

ehh, does DEWALTDUDE also count? ;)

I guess it's safe to post this now as shops are getting ready and pics are appearing in online stores.

Today I was at my local DeWALT Center. I just missed the DeWALT sales rep who came by. They now have a clear-out sale of the old 18v line to make room for the new line. They had a stack of new brochures on the counter, but still wrapped. It didn't really hit me untill I was back at the jobsite. Should have ask for one. Also posters with "XR" and coming soon.

Maybe I'll go back saturday to get some more info. Was in a hurry today (working hours)

(I have a package coming in tomorrow from a DeWALT dealer from Germany. Hopefully he added some brochures and stuff)

Prices I do not know.

interesting.  so no 20v max?   now the 18v xr?

In Europe it's 18v XR. In the US it's 20v MAX, just like the 12v MAX range.

Midogrumpy is right. In EU the new 12v line is called 10.8v. Same tools, same everything, just a different name.

GREAT, NOW I GOT TO SELL ALL MY OLD TOOLS TO GET THE NEW & COOL STUFF!!!!

I dont know if this new line will take-off like the current 18v line, you can find the tools & batteries everywhere for the past 15 years.  I will admit if its anything like the new 12v MAX stuff, it will be easy on the hand.  I'm surprised Dewalt is changing the 18v style so soon since they just came out with the nano base tools & batteries less then 2 years ago.  This would make a lot of new stuff obsolite, like the DC012 radio charger.  Dewalt having the same style 18v tools since 1996 is the first reason I decided to start buying them.  I hope Dewalt is planning on making the current line of 18v batteries for a long time, so guys like me (who has a few thousand dollars invested in their tools) wont be left in the dark.

GREAT, NOW I GOT TO SELL ALL MY OLD TOOLS TO GET THE NEW & COOL STUFF!!!!

I dont know if this new line will take-off like the current 18v line, you can find the tools & batteries everywhere for the past 15 years.  I will admit if its anything like the new 12v MAX stuff, it will be easy on the hand.  I'm surprised Dewalt is changing the 18v style so soon since they just came out with the nano base tools & batteries less then 2 years ago.  This would make a lot of new stuff obsolite, like the DC012 radio charger.  Dewalt having the same style 18v tools since 1996 is the first reason I decided to start buying them.  I hope Dewalt is planning on making the current line of 18v batteries for a long time, so guys like me (who has a few thousand dollars invested in their tools) wont be left in the dark.

No you wont be left in the dark trust me, the tower 18v line will still be available.......Second wave is here and much more to come......

They will be available for how many years? DeWalt's not saying for how long they will support the currant line of tools with batteries and service parts. I bet they will estimate how long it will take to deplete currant inventory and then figure the average life of the tools probably based on commercial uses then pull the plug for these tools. Their commited to going forward with the new design tools and they ain't looking back. I've been through this before with other manufactures. Their not interested in the old design just the new and they will drop the support when they feel their ready. If you have the old style tools you will just have to buy new.

Whoever is telling you guys that the 18 volt line is going away is 100%, absolutely, and completely lying to you.  18v is here to stay, we are still investing in it, adding new tools to the line up, upgrading models, etc.  Though there may (or may not) be a new line coming out in the near future, it will be an ADDITIONAL line to the 18v, not a replacement.  There is never a time line on how long a line will be offered, but there are no plans to stop making 18v, stop developing 18v, stop improving 18v, or anything else.  The 18v system is a proven system with a ton of user loyalty; any additional system (if any) will be to go after users that are not satisfied with the 18v line and want another option.  SO LET THE RUMORS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION STOP HERE! The 18v line is here to stay.

Whoever is telling you guys that the 18 volt line is going away is 100%, absolutely, and completely lying to you.  18v is here to stay, we are still investing in it, adding new tools to the line up, upgrading models, etc.  Though there may (or may not) be a new line coming out in the near future, it will be an ADDITIONAL line to the 18v, not a replacement.  There is never a time line on how long a line will be offered, but there are no plans to stop making 18v, stop developing 18v, stop improving 18v, or anything else.  The 18v system is a proven system with a ton of user loyalty; any additional system (if any) will be to go after users that are not satisfied with the 18v line and want another option.  SO LET THE RUMORS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION STOP HERE! The 18v line is here to stay.

Well said

new right angle drill // with new 18V slide-on battery

Dewalt DCD740C1 18V XR 2

(please note this is the model number in Europe; might / might not be same in USA)

on public internet; in Europe / online dealers

Features:

Powerful 18 Volt right angle drill for drilling and screwdriving applications in confined spaces.

Compact lightweight design.

Two speed settings with reverse switch.

Compact 10mm single sleeve keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for quick and easy bit change with one hand.

Ergonomic handle and rubber overmold to provide ultimate end user comfort.

Multi grip trigger provides comfort and convenience by allowing the user to operate the trigger from various positions.

High performance fan cooled motor for maximum power and durability.

All metal gearing and right angle transmission for efficient power transmission and longer tool life LED with delay for improved visibility.

Li-Ion slide pack battery allows for superior insertion and removal.

• 3 months later...

With the current 20v max / 18v XR talk everywhere I forgot about the gossip from new cordless finish nailers.

Is there any update on those as to when we can expect them? This year or next year or... ? :)

I guess it will be part of the 20v Max / 18v XR line?

I guess that is still open (nailer/stapler) ; not even rumors here;

more important are the 4-5 new range tools still to maybe come 2011 shown in grey color box on their web site;

==>> ???????

slide on battery grinder (similar form as dc411)

slide on battery jig saw

new radio/charger for slide on batteries

impact driver ; 1/2"

one tool in the picture is very unclear to me ! ...any idea??????

=> hence, does anyone have some rumors, or potential model-number, or release date before x-mas ?

2)

anyway

I now own

dcd985

dcd785

dcs391

dcs280

dcl040

dch214 drill / delivery due next week

right angle drill availability still unclear to me;

15x new style ball point pens

tough system

ds150 with tool inserts + ds150 with accessory layout

ds300

ds400

greetings

mike

I guess that is still open (nailer/stapler) ; not even rumors here;

more important are the 4-5 new range tools still to maybe come 2011 shown in grey color box on their web site;

==>> ???????

slide on battery grinder (similar form as dc411)

slide on battery jig saw

new radio/charger for slide on batteries

impact driver ; 1/2"

one tool in the picture is very unclear to me ! ...any idea??????

=> hence, does anyone have some rumors, or potential model-number, or release date before x-mas ?

2)

anyway

I now own

dcd985

dcd785

dcs391

dcs280

dcl040

dch214 drill / delivery due next week

right angle drill availability still unclear to me;

15x new style ball point pens

tough system

ds150 with tool inserts + ds150 with accessory layout

ds300

ds400

greetings

mike

NIce collection!  You need to get the DCF88kL2 as well though!  In my humble opinion, that is the best tool in the launch!  Also, if you do much concrete drilling, the DCH213L2 is pretty killer as well.

Well now that the new 20V MAX is available in the USA has anyone noticed that as of yet including DeWalt's web site only has the 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Compact Drill/Driver / Impact Driver Combo Kit (1.5 Ah) listed, same kit with the 3.0Ah isn't advertised. The 18V Lithium Ion Compact Drill/Driver / Impact Driver Combo kit was available in either battery sizes. I also see that both the 1.5Ah and 3.0Ah 20V MAX batteries and charger are selling for less than the 18V LION? What's up with this?

Well now that the new 20V MAX is available in the USA has anyone noticed that as of yet including DeWalt's web site only has the 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Compact Drill/Driver / Impact Driver Combo Kit (1.5 Ah) listed, same kit with the 3.0Ah isn't advertised. The 18V Lithium Ion Compact Drill/Driver / Impact Driver Combo kit was available in either battery sizes. I also see that both the 1.5Ah and 3.0Ah 20V MAX batteries and charger are selling for less than the 18V LION? What's up with this?

It encourages people to move on to the new line of tools.... Business psychology. Dont do away with the outdated tools, encourage them to buy the newer ones. ;)

Dont worry the price on the batteries will come up after they sell a years worth of kits.

Archived