M12 6.0ah battery spotted

Mattias Blomqvist

Don't see why not, the price on 3000mah cells has come down dramatically. Can't be any more than 2000mah cells when the 2ah batts were released.

It just depends on whether the cells used in the 6ah battery (6 of) have a high enough discharge rate when there's only three cells. Higher amp hour cells are easy to come by, it's getting a good enough discharge rate that narrows their options.

• 2 weeks later...

It just depends on whether the cells used in the 6ah battery (6 of) have a high enough discharge rate when there's only three cells. Higher amp hour cells are easy to come by, it's getting a good enough discharge rate that narrows their options.

I'm specifically talking about the lg hg2 and samsung 30q. They've come down in price a lot since they were released.

19 minutes ago, Mondo1310 said:

Surprisingly nothing on m18 9.0 battery. 

There was a feature on the 9.0ah battery in the UK Heavy Duty News but it just says coming soon.  I've been told it's delayed here until August now.  No price yet for a single battery but they are doing a special kit deal of 2 x 9.0ah batteries, fast charger and kit box for £349.00 ex VAT.  Not sure what this price would be in the US but to me 349 is actually pretty good for this kit.

Milwaukee UK website doesn't seem to be working tonight but as soon as it comes back up I'll post a screenshot of the 9.0ah deal.

Martin

3 minutes ago, Rammstein2609 said:

There was a feature on the 9.0ah battery in the UK Heavy Duty News but it just says coming soon.  I've been told it's delayed here until August now.  No price yet for a single battery but they are doing a special kit deal of 2 x 9.0ah batteries, fast charger and kit box for £349.00 ex VAT.  Not sure what this price would be in the US but to me 349 is actually pretty good for this kit.

Milwaukee UK website doesn't seem to be working tonight but as soon as it comes back up I'll post a screenshot of the 9.0ah deal.

Martin

Thanks Martin for the update on 9.0. We'll be waiting patiently till they arrive here the US. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2016 at 5:12 PM, Mattias Blomqvist said:

This UK site has the M12 6.0ah battery listed at £142,80 and says it will be due in store may 2016

http://www.brightontools.co.uk/product/milwaukee-m12b6-12v-6-0ah-battery

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

wow that is a crazy price ?.....

I looked online for a 9.0 M18 battery and couldn't find one, so I supposed they haven't been released yet. Which is weird because I thought they were supposed to be released by now.

Whenever their SDS max rolls out the battery will be right behind it.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

I looked online for a 9.0 M18 battery and couldn't find one, so I supposed they haven't been released yet. Which is weird because I thought they were supposed to be released by now.

Those and 6.0 are coming out this summer according to Milwaukee Twitter. Initial announcement said January 2016 release.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I can't wait to see if they update the M12 Fuel. I like my M12 Fuel impact the drill is nice but its a little too big compared to the other 12v drills and even some 18/20v tools now.

must agree, i'm also proud owner of a m12 fuel impact. for a 12volt its just to big. my dtd 148 is way more compact and way more powerful