Pairing Milwaukee One Key M18

wildroamer

Any advice? Pretty disappointed so far. Been trying for a half hour following Milwaukee's  shitty instructions.

This f-er is going back to CPO Monday morning at this rate.

Click add to inventory. Then scan. Nothing. Both shitty tools are on Bluetooth  setting, as is phone.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Any advice? Pretty disappointed so far. Been trying for a half hour following Milwaukee's  shitty instructions.

This f-er is going back to CPO Monday morning at this rate.

Click add to inventory. Then scan. Nothing. Both shitty tools are on Bluetooth  setting, as is phone.

• Like 2

Thanks Jimbo, tried all that. Manually added them to inventory by model numbers, but scan for nearby tools doesnt pick them up. I'm assuming the tool is supposed to send a constant Bluetooth signal out, which I would guess would wear down the battery anyway, so it won't be a big loss. Pretty sure they just lost my future business.

• Like 2

Good go know. I was looking at the one key version of the compact impact wrench. If it is a pain to fiddle around with I won't even bother spending the extra cash because I don't even put in the extra effort to so much as shift the gear switch on my DeWalt. Most/all my applications are tighten it untill something breaks and then back it off a quarter turn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Thanks Jimbo, tried all that. Manually added them to inventory by model numbers, but scan for nearby tools doesnt pick them up. I'm assuming the tool is supposed to send a constant Bluetooth signal out, which I would guess would wear down the battery anyway, so it won't be a big loss. Pretty sure they just lost my future business.

Hmmm... not too familiar with the tech, before you give up theres a few guys on here that have one key, i know Dan struggled with it at first as well, maybe shoot them an email or try contacting milwaukee for help.

GREAT video guys!! I was literally gonna get one soon but i will def wait. My New gen 2 is the man! haha.  your videos are the best out there, no bullshit presentations.  and @wildroamer I agree i think it should go back monday morning. its too new and falls way too short of where i think it should be, esp for a $500 drill/driver combo set!!  wait 6-8 months when the new ones is out with 10x better features.

I have the on key drill and impact and had no issues pairing to my phone. Are you running the latest Iphone ios update? Milwaukee isn't going to have a new version of the one key tools in 6 to 8 months. The turnover in tools is quicker than ever but I imagine it will be atleast 2 to 3 years before an upgrade.

Yeah I had no issues with pairing with onekey or DeWalt Bluetooth with my phone or iPad. Download the app. Turn on Bluetooth on the phone start the app. Scan for new device hit the Bluetooth button on the battery. You should be golden. And if that don't work you can go to your basement and try talking fesfools. Hehehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

• Like 1

Well, good news bad news I guess. Was able to locate both the 2757 and the 2706 and add them to inventory. That said, the Bluetooth connection is very spotty, even sitting right next to the tools. I have to stare at the inventory screen and then quickly pounce on a tool when the BT symbol lights up, as it very quickly grays out again. 

I wish there was a screaming deal on the 2753 and 2704 as this crappy BT "feature" is nothing of the sort. However, scanning through CPO for a comparable deal that would also get me a circ saw yields a pricier combo than the "No-Key" deal.

I see a Bosch deal with hammer drill, impact driver, and 6 1/2" saw for $330, but it appears to offer nowhere near the performance of the M18 gen 2.

Guess I'll stick with what I have, unless any of you have another suggestion on other brands with similar performance. I'll just try to forget these tools are supposed to have this capability.

6 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Well, good news bad news I guess. Was able to locate both the 2757 and the 2706 and add them to inventory. That said, the Bluetooth connection is very spotty, even sitting right next to the tools. I have to stare at the inventory screen and then quickly pounce on a tool when the BT symbol lights up, as it very quickly grays out again. 

I wish there was a screaming deal on the 2753 and 2704 as this crappy BT "feature" is nothing of the sort. However, scanning through CPO for a comparable deal that would also get me a circ saw yields a pricier combo than the "No-Key" deal.

I see a Bosch deal with hammer drill, impact driver, and 6 1/2" saw for $330, but it appears to offer nowhere near the performance of the M18 gen 2.

Guess I'll stick with what I have, unless any of you have another suggestion on other brands with similar performance. I'll just try to forget these tools are supposed to have this capability.

The only other brand that offer close to FUEL performance of brushless tools is probably Makita, no I am speaking not in terms of drill and impact, Makita makes a great brushless circ saw and have a recip and a HT impact going out.  Dewalt makes an amazing drill and impact but the line starts to go down hill with lackluster circ and recap.  They have good brushless screw gun and OMT, but your in one of the better line ups.  The FUEL series is top notch regardless of shotty bluetooth.

• Like 4