Milwaukee vs DeWalt....

RickyMcGrath

I be like I can keep using all my batteries on the new m18 saw and use the new 9Ah on all my old tools too without having to invest in a new platform! ?

Also I think that photo is the old 8.5" miter sold in the EU and never sold here in the US, not the new fuel one.

• Like 3

Talk to me when you have a full line of brushless impact wrenches, copper tubing cutter, pvc cutter, polishers, more than three lights, a charger that charges more than two batteries, a full range of rotary hammers, ratchets, magnetic drill press, planer, metal shears, 7 1/4" circular saw, bandsaw, anything else I'm missing?

• Like 4

I'm not certain what to think about Dewalt's new offerings. I guess I was expecting something more amazing. Definitely not enough to turn my back on Milwaukee. Oh, and your little Milwaukee vs. Dewalt meme is kinda lame. The Milwaukee guy looks like a hard, 50 hour-a-week working, while the Dewalt guy looks like he'll stop what he's doing to moisturize. 

• Like 5

Well Milwaukee does the xxx# of cuts in 2x4's thing in their shows too but that's more applicable to a chop saw workload than a miter saw I would guess. I don't work in construction, just a DIY, but do people use miter saws constantly cut after cut non-stop? I mean it seems like more of a precision tool where you cut measure and check again and then cut again after some time. The important things seem to be capacity, you need a saw that can actually cut wood/trim as big as you need and power to cut the stock you want to use. 200+ pine 2x4's is nice and all but that would be like cutting  2x4's three times a minute for two straight hours plus.

• Like 1

Also according to toolguyd:

With a High Demand 9.0Ah battery pack, this saw can make up to 400 cuts in 3-1/2″ baseboard trim, 300 cuts through 2x4s, or 150 cuts in 2×12 lumber.

.... So the cute photo of the massive Dewalt miter showing 244 cuts in 2x4's isn't all that impressive, about 20% less. Also Dewalts site lists "UP TO 289 CUTS PER CHARGE IN 3-1/4" BASE**" .... The new m18 fuel does 400 cuts! How can Dewalt, King of miters, come out with a new line of 60v-120v battery powered saws that do less work than an 18v Milwaukee ? ? Seriously though the big disadvantage of their flex voltage packs is you double the voltage you half the amp hours; you triple the voltage and you cut the amp hours by two thirds. It's just physics...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JerryNY said:

With a High Demand 9.0Ah battery pack, this saw can make up to 400 cuts in 3-1/2″ baseboard trim, 300 cuts through 2x4s, or 150 cuts in 2×12 lumber.

.... So the cute photo of the massive Dewalt miter showing 244 cuts in 2x4's isn't all that impressive, about 20% less. Also Dewalts site lists "UP TO 289 CUTS PER CHARGE IN 3-1/4" BASE**" .... The new m18 fuel does 400 cuts! How can Dewalt, King of miters, come out with a new line of 60v-120v battery powered saws that do less work than an 18v Milwaukee ? ? Seriously though the big disadvantage of their flex voltage packs is you double the voltage you half the amp hours; you triple the voltage and you cut the amp hours by two thirds. It's just physics...

Yet they were smart enough to put an power cord on it? Hmmmmmm

.... So the cute photo of the massive Dewalt miter showing 244 cuts in 2x4's isn't all that impressive, about 20% less. Also Dewalts site lists "UP TO 289 CUTS PER CHARGE IN 3-1/4" BASE**" .... The new m18 fuel does 400 cuts! How can Dewalt, King of miters, come out with a new line of 60v-120v battery powered saws that do less work than an 18v Milwaukee ? Seriously though the big disadvantage of their flex voltage packs is you double the voltage you half the amp hours; you triple the voltage and you cut the amp hours by two thirds. It's just physics...

Get em Jerry lol very good points there, the fuel has a 10" blade?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Milwaukee's miter articulation must be pretty decent for a 10" according to toolguyd:

There’s no compromise for going cordless on this saw. Unlike many cordless miter saws, this saw features a full 10″ blade spinning at 4000 RPM, no doubt thanks to its brushless motor. It can cut up to 6″ baseboard trim against the fence, and up to a 2×12 dimensional lumber flat against the table. All while weighing just 45 lbs, or 47 lbs with the 9.0Ah pack.

According to Dewalts info on their new 12" cordless:

Ultimate power flexibility providing the convenience of cordless with the performance of corded

A powerful 120V brushless motor provides long runtime compared to brushed motors

Integrated adjustment-free Cutline™ Blade Positioning System for accuracy and visibility

High visibility bevel scale makes bevel angle adjustments accurate and easy

Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2" nested and base molding up to 6-3/4" vertically against the fence.

The 10" Milwaukee can cut almost as deep base against the fence as the Dewalt; 6" to 6-3/4". So also with some decent cuts per pack performance the m18 fuel miter looks pretty competitive all around. That being said I don't deny Dewalts miters are anything but excellent either. Dewalts doesn't make too many crappy saws...

• Like 1

Talk to me when you have a full line of brushless impact wrenches, copper tubing cutter, pvc cutter, polishers, more than three lights, a charger that charges more than two batteries, a full range of rotary hammers, ratchets, magnetic drill press, planer, metal shears, 7 1/4" circular saw, bandsaw, anything else I'm missing?

THIS!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's all in good fun comparing back and forth with Dewalt fans but I wish Milwaukee would just SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY for the fuel miter!!!! I've been holding off on a badly needed miter for a year hoping they'd come out with one. The fact that it looks like a really nice 10" and they didn't just go through the motions and it has a great shadow line guide and an available 9Ah battery bundle is making me impatient!!!

Dewalt CEO: "We need a big idea that will help us catch up?"

Thinktank: "Let's glue three 20v batteries together!"

CEO: "Can we do that?"

Dewalt engineer: "We can but..."

CEO: "Do it"

Engineer: "So we're not getting enough cuts out of the miter saw, Milwaukee still beats us"

Thinktank: "Can we plug it in?"

Engineer: "But it's a cordless.."

CEO: "Do it! Unlimited runtime!"

Engineer: ":huh:"

• Like 9

Eh but who am I kidding, I want this to work for them and the consumer, it's innovative, but I'm sure there's going to be a few things to work through. Besides, they're probably already working on the next generation of this tool or that, and many more to come. I'm sure what we've seen so far isn't all of it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dewalt CEO: "We need a big idea that will help us catch up?"

Thinktank: "Let's glue three 20v batteries together!"

CEO: "Can we do that?"

Dewalt engineer: "We can but..."

CEO: "Do it"

Engineer: "So we're not getting enough cuts out of the miter saw, Milwaukee still beats us"

Thinktank: "Can we plug it in?"

Engineer: "But it's a cordless.."

CEO: "Do it! Unlimited runtime!"

Engineer: ":huh:"

Bahahahahahaha

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was just teasing from my original meme. Milwaukee is a great brand. DeWalt won my loyalty first and continues to earn it. I have a few Milwaukee and a few Bosch tools. If I had to do it over, I would have invested into all three from the beginning, then I could pick any tool I wanted or needed. Unfortunately, I am so invested into yellow, I'm financially stuck. And of course, I love the black and yellow theme in my garage.

• Like 1

I think regardless of what team you are on its healthy to have the competition. It's always good to have innovation regardless if it's your brand or not, keeps things from getting stale. I'll admit that being into Bosch, Makita and Metabo cordless it has been as an "outsider" to watch the banter. Now keep those jabs coming fellas, maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to get some real Bosch tools!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7