New compact Brushless Drill Drivers Spotted

kornomaniac

Hello !

Keep in mind these models are not even out in japan. As you can see in the picture they dont even have pre production models to show. It will most likely be months before they are released in japan and many more months before they show up in EU / US.   

The left side contains the Brushless drills from Light duty to heavy Duty.

On the top we have the well know Beast Drill DHP481

One step to the bottom we can see a cardboard cutout of what will be the replacement for current model DDF480. A new brushless drill DDF484/ Hammer drill DHP484. 182mm Head Lenght ( 3 mm shorter then current model DDF480) - 1.8 Kg with High Capacity Battery.

On the last step we see a new very compact lightweight Brushless Light duty drill.  Drill driver model DDF483 and hammer drill driver DHP483. 176mm Head Lenght - 1.6 kg with high capacity battery

No could not find torque ratings of these drills anywhere online yet ( As they are not officially out yet :P ) but the dutch Makita website already has their manuals and the DDF/DHP483 has a 1700 rpm.   The DDF/DHP484 has a 2000 RPM.

2016-MAKITA%E7%89%A7%E7%94%B0%E6%96%B0%E

• Like 3

I receiced my invitation to Makita Belgium ' trade days' yesterday.

That's the annual show for dealers where new products get launched. 

On the invitation it showed a picture of the ddf484 .

So I guess I will be seeing the new drills 21 of September :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

I receiced my invitation to Makita Belgium ' trade days' yesterday.

That's the annual show for dealers where new products get launched. 

On the invitation it showed a picture of the ddf484 .

So I guess I will be seeing the new drills 21 of September :)

Dont forget plenty of photos :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Makita_2233 said:

Picked one of the compact drill drive up the other week

image.jpg

That battery looks like it could take a beating

52 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Nice score man, is that a 6Ah/18Volt battery? 

It says 6.0ah right on it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been posted, but I had the opportunity to put my paws on these, and it is slick! I was previously eye balling the 12V CXT line for the smaller size, but no need anymore - now I can continue to stay with my 18V platform.

http://toolcraze.net/new-black-makita-18v-brushless-compact-drill-impact-driver/

http://www.coptool.com/makita-18v-brushless-subcompacts-are-12v-killers/

16 hours ago, bee-man said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I had the opportunity to put my paws on these, and it is slick! I was previously eye balling the 12V CXT line for the smaller size, but no need anymore - now I can continue to stay with my 18V platform.

http://toolcraze.net/new-black-makita-18v-brushless-compact-drill-impact-driver/

http://www.coptool.com/makita-18v-brushless-subcompacts-are-12v-killers/

I've got the 18v drill you posted links too, I posted photos earlier in the thread. I also have the 12v BL cxt drill. It is a tad shorted then the 18v, but only because the 12v has a 3/8 chuck and 18v having 1/2. If I had to choose between the 2, I would take the 12v cxt 

• Like 1

Thanks Makita_2233. I guess the US version is blacked out. I suppose if I really wanted to shorten the length, I could replace the 1/2 chuck to a 3/8, but avoiding another charger in the garage and being able to utilize all my higher capacity batteries is much too appealing. On a side note, is the battery protector an aftermarket or OEM product?