Black Friday

4 minutes ago, Weird Tolkienish Figure said:

I never thought to buy tools on Black Friday, are there any good deals?

welcome to the crew, not sure black friday is as good as red sundays.....

I don't think the deals are on the newest/best tools. They are usually on tools that came out a few years ago. 

I've never made major tool purchases on BF, it's all accessories and hand tools you usually find

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Home Depot, you can usually count on some good Werner ladder prices, A deal or two on miter saws, plenty of hand tools that they don't usually carry, some sort of multiple clamp packages (who can't use more clamps), some tool box values (Husky, Milwaukee and DeWALT) and cordless tool packages. Some of them sell out fairly quickly and others that hang around a month or two end up going for around 50% off. That is where I ended up with a DeWALT 20V-12V MAX blue tooth speaker for under $40 and the smaller 20V blower for  under $50. 

At this point though, I don't know exactly how many "black" Fridays there are. I know the traditional day after Thanksgiving, but I have seen one in spring and it won't shock me if they call something for back to school "black" Friday.

With Home Depot, you can usually count on some good Werner ladder prices, A deal or two on miter saws, plenty of hand tools that they don't usually carry, some sort of multiple clamp packages (who can't use more clamps), some tool box values (Husky, Milwaukee and DeWALT) and cordless tool packages. Some of them sell out fairly quickly and others that hang around a month or two end up going for around 50% off. That is where I ended up with a DeWALT 20V-12V MAX blue tooth speaker for under $40 and the smaller 20V blower for  under $50. 

At this point though, I don't know exactly how many "black" Fridays there are. I know the traditional day after Thanksgiving, but I have seen one in spring and it won't shock me if they call something for back to school "black" Friday.

Yea they had a good deal on a ladder during their spring Black Friday

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk