Lock picking kit arrived at 7PM

How does that make you feel about the state of your belongings? Or is this a potential new career path for you? The key to true home security is having only one door, and it being large and round and green. Doorknob in the center to confuse any potential thieves. 

• Like 2

Just curious really. Shocked at how truly easy some of these locks gave way. My deadbolt opened with the tension wrench only (no pick) after it had been successfully unlocked then relocked.

Anyway, cool little tools if anyone's interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2KK8AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$16 on Amazon.

• Like 2

That's pretty cool actually. So while we're at it we should have a TIA meet and greet thread where everyone tells me where they live and what battery system they're in. Any volunteers?

On topic though, this is fairly interesting. Inexpensive enough that, like Tolkien, it would be cool to fiddle around with. 

Surfing YouTube one night, I somehow came across videos on lock bumping. Not that someone who really wants in can't get in, but now kids have a fun way to do it. In the woods, with the closest neighbor like a half mile away, nobody would ever know, if we weren't around. Thankfully, there's no crime to speak of in my area, but I'm thinking Rottweiler (actually, the Great Pyrenees that we're planning on will probably get it done).