Did Milwaukee explaing the one key logo on their battery packs?

DR99

2 hours ago, DR99 said:

I don't at the moment. I will try to get one tomorrow.

3 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I think @KnarlyCarl posted a pic with the same question. Don't recall seeing what's the point or if there's a difference.

Yeah, noticed that awhile ago, they say it will be able to be connect with the tools with the upcoming update, maybe give status and lock it out like the Dewalt batteries. I'm hoping for an extremely awesome upgrade, this one key thing is just the tip of the iceberg I can see that having the onekey now

• Like 2

The 5.0's that I've received recently all have that, as well as the 2.0's that came with that same nailer. Even the most recent 5.0 starter kit - which included the standard charger, not the rapid - the battery has the logo. The 5.0's that came with the Super Hawg back last fall do not. Not that I ever would have noticed.

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

I keep hoping Milwaukee shows a little more of that iceberg soon because thus far one key = zero purchases by me. 

I have 3 One Key tools - 2 of which I use every day. While the tools themselves are awesome, I have yet to find the feature useful.

28 minutes ago, Weird Tolkienish Figure said:

I saw the features of the one-key, and the only thing I would find useful is the anti-theft aspect of the system.

Most people in the middle of a job aren't going to want to be fiddling with their phone.

That's the thing, you don't fiddle with it in the middle of a job. You set it up, most likely once for most people, to deal with the materials you use daily then you're done. It's not meant to be used like a clutch or speed control, that's what the drill's on-tool controls are for, one-key is just the initial setup adjustments.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea usually your presets will be set up for tasks you regularly perform,@knarlycarl has the one key kit, wonder how they are working out on the job site for him

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using them everyday, I have only really gone in and set up once or twice for the drill, the electronic anti kickback is awesome, when it cuts in, you can pull the drill out a little bit and it will start turning again, no need to let off the trigger, just real handy like that.

I'm still using it on different applications. 

I love the soft start on the drill and impact, and I found a sweet spot to set my cut out torque on my impact when i'm driving 3" torx head wood screws for bracing when doing plumbing rough in, it works very well..

Like I said, I can see so much more capabilities than what is available right now

I've been thinking of buying the combo, around here(Craigslist, pawn shops) I've seen a few of the hammer drill and impact kit for $300. It's more than what I need but it's an insane price when you think about it. I'm finding a lot of new Milwaukee stuff at pawn shops, I think someone locally has a HD theft enterprise.

I'm soo impressed by my Milwaukee m18 brushless drill that I really want the hammer drill. It's leaps and bounds better than the Dewalt I bought and returned because of the speed switch.

I've been thinking of buying the combo, around here(Craigslist, pawn shops) I've seen a few of the hammer drill and impact kit for $300. It's more than what I need but it's an insane price when you think about it. I'm finding a lot of new Milwaukee stuff at pawn shops, I think someone locally has a HD theft enterprise.

I'm soo impressed by my Milwaukee m18 brushless drill that I really want the hammer drill. It's leaps and bounds better than the Dewalt I bought and returned because of the speed switch.

Forget hammer drill, go with the cordless sds plus drill!! Ha

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Forget hammer drill, go with the cordless sds plus drill!! Ha

Haha, I rarely use the hammer function. Cinder block house so that's the only reason I need one, I rarely drill into the block but every once in a while I have to mount something outside or in the garage. For example, I need to replace the hose reel in the back, first time in 5+ years I've needed to drill into the outer wall...If I can find a damn hose reel that isn't flimsy junk.

That's exactly where the hammer drill makes sense, someone who very infrequently needs to set a couple of small anchors. No sense buying a tool that you have no real use for.

Now you're sounding like my wife lol!! ?

I never said I had a GOOD reason for buying it lol!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...